PDA

View Full Version : LFP - Phandelver and Below, Friday Nights

Dave0910
January 7th, 2024, 08:40
FG License: GM has Ultimate License
Game System: D&D 5E

Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time (GMT - 5)
Day of week and time: Friday Nights, 8 p.m.
If new game, planned start date: Currently running
Planned Duration & Frequency: Every Friday from roughly 8-12.
Term: The group has been together for nearly 3 years and other campaigns will follow.

Text or Voice: Voice
Main Language used: English
Voice software used: Discord
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No

Roleplay & Combat mix: Currently around 25:75, but it changes depending on the players.
Number of Players in game & needed: 2-3
Character starting level & equipment: New players will begin at level 4.
Character restrictions: The only restrictions on characters is no halflings and no home-brew.

New characters may choose the method for ability scores. The GM will allow rerolls on anything below a 9.
You will create your character with standard equipment. GM will usually give each new player a magical item, but I can't promise this.

The GM will usually find time to load the server during the week so you can create your characters. If you are invited to join, it will be through Discord.

Details of your scenario:
This campaign is an extension The Lost Mines of Phandelver. <<<<<SPOLER ALERT >>>>>

The group has just defeated the Black Spider and is in the process of cleaning out Wave Echo Cave. Please note that the current group is working with the Zhentarim and all members are neutral or evil (this wasn't planned; that's just how this campaign turned out). If you're not okay with evil characters, you'll want to try another campaign.

Please do not contact us if you are not dedicated. We've had more than a few players quit within 1-2 weeks without a word to us.

danhoven
January 7th, 2024, 19:41
I'm interested, if there's still room. My discord user name is dan75_

Shun
January 8th, 2024, 18:04
I'm interested. Been looking for a game on Fridays since its my day off, and i've never played the new Phandelver module.

Eanelen
January 9th, 2024, 06:35
I don't have the ability to dedicate to every friday, but I wanted to ask a question regarding restrictions. Why the ban on halflings? just an odd choice and wanted to ask :)

damned
January 9th, 2024, 09:39
I don't have the ability to dedicate to every friday, but I wanted to ask a question regarding restrictions. Why the ban on halflings? just an odd choice and wanted to ask :)

I dont know but Halfings cant be evil!

Dave0910
January 9th, 2024, 11:26
We had an annoying halfling in the group back when we started. He was the type who thinks he’s the main character.
He did stupid things like run into the next room to see the guys playing knuckle bones when we were about to enter Glass Staff’s study, fearing us into a fight so he could escape.
Then, during a battle in Wave-Echo cave, he ran into an unexplored area and drew the Flameskull, causing a TPK.

MacAllen
January 9th, 2024, 23:38
We had an annoying halfling in the group back when we started. He was the type who thinks he’s the main character.
He did stupid things like run into the next room to see the guys playing knuckle bones when we were about to enter Glass Staff’s study, fearing us into a fight so he could escape.
Then, during a battle in Wave-Echo cave, he ran into an unexplored area and drew the Flameskull, causing a TPK.

Halfling PTSD, I feel you there. I'm interested, and can make every game. A couple of questions, if I may...
- What roles do you need? I'm one of those "make my character last" kind of players, I enjoy making a character that has a needed role or skill set and then make it fun via RP.
- When you say "New characters may choose the method for ability scores" can you expand upon that? From what options?
- Do you have room for someone who loves to RP? I mean, I was ejected from an Adventurer's League game because I RP'd. "Dammit, we have 4 hours to get through this! Stop talking to the damn NPCs!!"

My Discord is MacAllen#8571 (I think, it's hard to find that now)

The Decepticon
January 10th, 2024, 02:45
we had an annoying halfling in the group back when we started. He was the type who thinks he’s the main character.
He did stupid things like run into the next room to see the guys playing knuckle bones when we were about to enter glass staff’s study, fearing us into a fight so he could escape.
Then, during a battle in wave-echo cave, he ran into an unexplored area and drew the flameskull, causing a tpk.

spoiler alert!