PDA

View Full Version : Problem with rogue expertise

tslewis123
January 4th, 2024, 06:30
Whenever I make a rogue character and try to set what skills it has expertise in, the only choice it gives in either of the boxes is thieves' tools. Picking thieves' tools makes the rest of the available skills appear in the other box, but there's no way to pick two skills to have expertise in. The only fix I've found is clicking on a different tab, and that's just a temporary fix because it happens again the next time I use the character wizard. Is there a permanent fix for it?

Zacchaeus
January 4th, 2024, 08:49
You can pick Thieves' tools and then one other skill in the second box. If you don't want thieves' tools (which is the standard) then you can select the first dropdown again and pick another skill there.

superteddy57
January 4th, 2024, 15:30
A fix is in for review and will be part of next update to 5E

tslewis123
January 4th, 2024, 20:24
I also found out that if you change a skill you have expertise in and then try to change it back, that skill is removed from the list. For example, if you swap stealth for perception and then try to go back to stealth, stealth won't be available. I'm not sure if it's caused by the same problem or a different one.