PDA

View Full Version : SPC's Disciplines missing

Sausmikat
December 28th, 2023, 20:04
Hello everybody. Happy New Year!

I just bought the chicago by night but i noticed that the spc did not come with the disciplines and powers listed, is that right or did I see it wrong?

TheGMSource
December 29th, 2023, 03:37
Hello,
The SPCs do not have powers listed, but they do have the disciplines listed. Under the Traits bar, Click the Disciplines bar to see the SPC's disciplines.

Griffin911
January 8th, 2024, 20:58
They also appear to be missing stats?

TheGMSource
January 8th, 2024, 22:06
Which SPC did you notice that was missing stats?

Griffin911
January 9th, 2024, 15:50
All of the SPCs in Chicago By Night, near as I can tell. https://share.icloud.com/photos/092P1eN-D9kYyVlQUJVREAdEw

TheGMSource
January 9th, 2024, 16:33
All of the SPCs in Chicago By Night, near as I can tell. https://share.icloud.com/photos/092P1eN-D9kYyVlQUJVREAdEw

The missing stats in your image suggest an issue with your campaign or the Chicago by Night file. Try loading the campaign with no extensions or themes and see if you can reproduce the problem. If the stats are still missing, delete the WOD5ERGS01108 file from your Fantasy Grounds Vault folder. After deleting the file, check for updates, and a new file will download.

I noticed Chicago by Night isn't listed on your Griffin911 account. Are you running Chicago by Night from another account?

Griffin911
January 12th, 2024, 01:39
The missing stats in your image suggest an issue with your campaign or the Chicago by Night file. Try loading the campaign with no extensions or themes and see if you can reproduce the problem. If the stats are still missing, delete the WOD5ERGS01108 file from your Fantasy Grounds Vault folder. After deleting the file, check for updates, and a new file will download.

I noticed Chicago by Night isn't listed on your Griffin911 account. Are you running Chicago by Night from another account?

Aside from deleting and downloading again, I am afraid I don't understand what you want me to do. Extensions and themes? I do not want to mess up the work I already put in, so if you could clarify, that would be great.
I am on the forums on an old handle because I couldn't get the Steam linked one to work.

TheGMSource
January 13th, 2024, 21:13
Extensions and Themes are loaded from the Fantasy Grounds Launch window before starting your campaign. On the right-hand side is a list of extensions available to load. But it sounds like you never loaded any extensions.

My next suggestion is to try reverting your SPCs to their default settings. To Revert an SPC's stats, right-click on an SPC from the SPCs list and choose "Revert Changes."

Here is a link explaining how to change individual records and how to change an entire module. If you revert the whole module, it will affect your changes. https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/1165590530/Reverting+a+Module

Griffin911
January 17th, 2024, 23:30
Extensions and Themes are loaded from the Fantasy Grounds Launch window before starting your campaign. On the right-hand side is a list of extensions available to load. But it sounds like you never loaded any extensions.

My next suggestion is to try reverting your SPCs to their default settings. To Revert an SPC's stats, right-click on an SPC from the SPCs list and choose "Revert Changes."

Here is a link explaining how to change individual records and how to change an entire module. If you revert the whole module, it will affect your changes. https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/1165590530/Reverting+a+Module

That worked for Chicago By Night, thanks!

Still can't get the Cults of The Blood Gods to work, however. Hangs every time.

superteddy57
January 18th, 2024, 00:33
Have checked the module, I was not able to replicate any issues with it in my testing. You can attempt to delete the vaulted file (WOD5ERGS09622.dat) and do a fresh download. I would also delete the moduledb folder. If that doesn't resolve it, I would also attempt to open the module in a fresh campaign with no extensions.

Griffin911
January 25th, 2024, 21:06
Had to delete the download file, which I know I did before, only this time it worked. Perhaps something in the general update cleared it?