PDA

View Full Version : Custom Subclass Spellcasting Feature

DCPye
December 24th, 2023, 12:48
I am trying to convert a custom fighter subclass that uses a different spellcasting spell slot progression than other classes/subclasses. Is there any way to automate this?

I feel like there should be a tab next to the Features tab with a toggle on button and called Spellcasting where you toggle it on if you want the subclass to have spellcasting, and then a table where you can just manually enter the spell slot progression.

There is the option of manually changing spell slots in the actions tab, but I'm trying to get this happening automatically like Eldritch Knight or Arcane Trickster for example do on level up.

Zacchaeus
December 24th, 2023, 14:44
There isn't an automatic way to change the spell slot progression. If you want a different progression from the standard (full caster/half caster/1/3 caster) then you would need to write an extension to do it automatically.

Otherwise your only option is to use preparation mode once the character gets their spellcasting feature to manually add in the number of spell slots at each level up.