PDA

View Full Version : Creating a table

evilpope
December 21st, 2023, 20:45
Is there a way to create a table that has 3 columns? I ask this I want to create a table that has for 3 die 6's to be rolled and the columns would be

Those are the only ones that will have a result anything else is nothing. Is this possible to do with a table? If not what would be a good way to perform this action? Or is this something that really cant be automated inside FGU at this time.

Zacchaeus
December 21st, 2023, 21:13
Yes you can create a table with as many columns as you want (well I think the practical limit might be around 20). Click on the edit mode and then you can add more columns and rows as needed using the tools that appear.

evilpope
December 21st, 2023, 21:50
Maybe i did not phrase it quite right. What i need is for the dice column to include another dice. Instead of showing just the 2 spots
So when the dice are rolled for like

1 1 1 - Effect
2 2 2 - Effect

Such as

I want to add another dice box That is what i was meaning by columns.

evilpope
December 21st, 2023, 21:54
does it take forever to upload a file or what? No indicator at all staying the image is even trying to upload

wndrngdru
December 21st, 2023, 22:12
You can't currently do what you want with a single table. I believe you would need to create a total of 13 tables to do it.

Basically, you would create one table for the first roll that would call the table for whatever result that roll is. That second table would only have an entry that called the 3rd roll table if it was the same as the first roll. The third table would, likewise, only give you a result if it was the same as the second roll.
Doing it this way means the 3rd die is only rolled if the first two rolls match.

It might be easier, depending on your skills, to create a custom die handler extension but the tables would get you there.

Zacchaeus
December 21st, 2023, 22:13
To upload an image click on Go advanced and then on manage attachments. Click on browse and then select the image and then ok and the image will upload. Then click on post to finish the post.

LordEntrails
December 21st, 2023, 22:23
On uploading an image, I've found that sometimes cloud flare / human verification gets in the way. Go Advanced like Mr Z says and then after you prove you are human, the regular way works again (until your humanity is in doubt).

As for three die rolls, you will have to layer your tables since a single table can only have a single set of dice rolled for it.

wndrngdru
December 21st, 2023, 22:34
Attached is a module with an example table set that will do what you're looking for.

evilpope
December 21st, 2023, 22:35
ok thanks for the update. I'll do it a different manner this way seems like more work.

LordEntrails
December 21st, 2023, 23:08
If you want it on a single table, you can just do 1-216. It won't roll three dice, but it gives you the same distribution assuming each roll is unique.