PDA

View Full Version : Sharing a character sheet

bazutti
February 24th, 2008, 19:59
I've dug up some old threads saying to add <sharable /> to charsheet.xml in order to make player character sheets available to each player. However, these threads are for FG I.

charsheet.xml does not look like it used to, and I'm uncertain where to place this tag (if it still works). After sifting through dozens of threads, I haven't seen anything regarding this for FG II. Any pointers? Ever since I started messing with rulesets and modules....I can't stop. :)

sloejack
February 25th, 2008, 00:22
I have a similar question I think though with a slightly different twist. I'm building an adventure module for other DMs to use, can I imbed pre-gens into the module that the DM can make available to players?

wootersl
February 26th, 2008, 17:55
The pre-gens are simple. The DM just creates the characters on his machine and clears the owner from them. When the players login they can choose one of the pre-generated characters.

Sorontar
February 26th, 2008, 18:06
The pre-gens are simple. The DM just creates the characters on his machine and clears the owner from them. When the players login they can choose one of the pre-generated characters.

That would still be on your machine though, I think Sloejack wants to distribute the module to other DMs to run with the pre-Gens included.

joshuha
February 26th, 2008, 18:18
Its doable with a custom ruleset and a button or something that copies the PC information to a new databasenode.

sloejack
February 26th, 2008, 20:51
Yeah the conclusion that I came to after talking with Joshuha yesterday was as he mentioned. This would seem to me to be one of those nifty opportunities where it would be nice to have loadable ruleset bits where I could load a ruleset module that just handled exporting pre-gen data in the database to local charactersheets. Oh well, something else for the wishlist, "loadable ruleset modules"

bazutti
February 26th, 2008, 22:14
*rehi-jacks thread*

So...sharing those character sheets...anyone know where (if it's still possible) to put the sharable tag in FG II?

Oberoten
February 26th, 2008, 23:20
On the D20 charsheet :

Go to CHARSHEET_TOPLEVEL.XML

And in the Windowclass "charsheet"
add <sharable /> just before <sheetdata>