PDA

View Full Version : coding for custom weapon

fogcutter
December 18th, 2023, 01:38
In my campaign, my characters were able to role on a table to get a custom magic item. Not sure where I got the table from.

The description reads: "While attuned to this item, whenever you miss an attack, you get advantage on your first attack during your turn"

Before I head down the rabbit hole, I was wonder if all you "smarter than me" types would know how to code this? The effect is on a +1 Warhammer.

Thanks!

LordEntrails
December 18th, 2023, 02:58
Not possible to automate this (applying the effect) in core FG. Maybe an extension like Better Combat Effects (or similar name) could do it. But FG by itself doesn't have a trigger to add an effect after a miss.

You could however make an effect like ADVATK set to self and expire on next so that when the player misses, they then know to add that effect so next attack they get advantage.

For details on what effects you can do, see; 5E Effects for Advanced Automation - Fantasy Grounds Customer Portal - Confluence (atlassian.net) (https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/996642031/5E+Effects+for+Advanced+Automation)

fogcutter
December 18th, 2023, 03:04
Thanks! Is there something I can add that would alert the player, like a flag of some sort, when he misses? seems like it would be obvious but in the heat of battle they might not remember when it comes to their turn again

LordEntrails
December 18th, 2023, 03:50
Not that I'm aware of. But there are a ton of extensions on the Forge.