PDA

View Full Version : Latest Update Issues

L4wful3vil
December 17th, 2023, 14:24
Has anyone else experienced issues with the latest update of FGU. I'm running PFRPG(1e) and the latest update (v4.4.8) is causing issues. Here's a few that we've noticed so far.

Desktop: Show PC's. Player images are not showing up on the desktop. I get a "Handler error..." when I toggle it on/off in the OPTIONS menu.
Players no longer see the 'Characters' menu tab.
When players Whisper, they get a 'Handler error... in the log "

I updated this morning and everything was working prior to the update.

Anyone else experienced these and have resolved them? If so, please share.

Jiminimonka
December 17th, 2023, 14:55
Has anyone else experienced issues with the latest update of FGU. I'm running PFRPG(1e) and the latest update (v4.4.8) is causing issues. Here's a few that we've noticed so far.

Desktop: Show PC's. Player images are not showing up on the desktop. I get a "Handler error..." when I toggle it on/off in the OPTIONS menu.
Players no longer see the 'Characters' menu tab.
When players Whisper, they get a 'Handler error... in the log "

I updated this morning and everything was working prior to the update.

Anyone else experienced these and have resolved them? If so, please share.

I think you have some extensions that need updating to work with the changes in 4.4.8. Turn them off and see if the issue persists.

Mytherus
December 18th, 2023, 02:08
I didn’t play a game today but I did prep for my upcoming game this week and it seems the update I ran today fixed some problems. I run a player copy and a dm copy when I prep so I can see things as players see them . That’s why I’m saying I think son issues are fixed .

Yesterday I played in a game and everyone was having a terrible time with FGU there was tons of lag and so many errors we all had to disable the console.

I noticed tonight a couple of my extensions updated so that’s a positive.

I’ll test it out more this week but it’s looking better today was my point.

LordEntrails
December 18th, 2023, 02:49
There were significant changes to the core architecture. Until extensions are tested and updated, they are likely to cause problems. As per the standing suggestion, when having issues, disable all extensions and see if the issues are resolved. If you require extensions, then my suggestion is to always wait one week to 10 days after significant updates (check this by looking at the release notes) before updating.

Morenu
December 18th, 2023, 03:40
yep, I use a ton of extensions but on any major update I wait for at least a week or 2. I wish SW would allow either an option to update everything but FGU or an option to role back 1 version. but for now its on each group that use extensions to have clear requirements as the DM / Tech person as to when players are to update We set updates on wednesdays only (we play fridays) and ONLY if an update is OK'd by the DM. (we play fridays so it allows us time to double check things) we have one player that is update happy and he is aware if he updates incorrectly, and it causes an issue, he gets booted for that game and the DM runs his PC. The player tends to be run as a meat shield.

but yeah, the extensions are great but can cause issues when FGU does updates.

L4wful3vil
December 18th, 2023, 14:45
yep, I use a ton of extensions but on any major update I wait for at least a week or 2. I wish SW would allow either an option to update everything but FGU or an option to role back 1 version. but for now its on each group that use extensions to have clear requirements as the DM / Tech person as to when players are to update We set updates on wednesdays only (we play fridays) and ONLY if an update is OK'd by the DM. (we play fridays so it allows us time to double check things) we have one player that is update happy and he is aware if he updates incorrectly, and it causes an issue, he gets booted for that game and the DM runs his PC. The player tends to be run as a meat shield.

but yeah, the extensions are great but can cause issues when FGU does updates.

That did the trick. Silly me...I already had that extension and didn't realize it. Thanks!!