PDA

View Full Version : How do I create a character???

smfink
February 23rd, 2008, 23:32
How do I create a character for the ruleset the GM is running? For example, the GM of the campaign I'm joining is using the D&D 3rd Edition Rules and when I open my FGII program it asks what ruleset I wish to manage characters for and the only option is d20. Do I need to download something else??

Dachannien
February 24th, 2008, 06:59
Have the GM run the server. Connect to it. If the GM is using a different ruleset from the default, your machine will download it. Then create your character while connected to the server.

smfink
February 24th, 2008, 14:08
Thanks for the help

Griogre
February 25th, 2008, 01:44
If the DM is using the default d20 system then you can build a local character and it will transfer over to the server when you connect. This only works with the default d20 system though.

Dwelian
February 25th, 2008, 15:06
If the DM is using the default d20 system then you can build a local character and it will transfer over to the server when you connect. This only works with the default d20 system though.

If I were to create a new ruleset and then make it available to my players for download, could they install it in their own FG and use local characters made with that ruleset in my game?

Dachannien
February 25th, 2008, 20:11
Only if all of them had the full license. Lite licenses can't install arbitrary rulesets absent a campaign downloaded from the person running the server.

Foen
February 25th, 2008, 20:42
At the moment. I think PAK rulesets might change that.

Stuart

joshuha
February 25th, 2008, 21:04
At the moment. I think PAK rulesets might change that.

Stuart

They do to some extent but cause a number of other issues that I won't go into at the moment.