PDA

View Full Version : Mini Sheet Problem

Blue Haven
February 23rd, 2008, 00:02
Hi there :)
I donīt know if you guys already know this but in the D20 ruleset (normal ruleset that comes with the program) the mini sheets donīt work :( the one from the special feats and from the inventory donīt work :( you can write whatever you want but it wont show a thing!!

Blue Haven
February 23rd, 2008, 00:17
Sorry my fault :( only the mini sheet from the Special feats don´t work, the others work fine :)

joshuha
February 23rd, 2008, 01:16
If you mean Special Abilities, these only work if there is a number associated with them. You can drag a number (or die) to the row and it will place it at the end. These show up under the minisheet (since its purpose is for tracking uses there).

Blue Haven
February 23rd, 2008, 21:27
Thanks ;) it worked :)

Ghoti
March 2nd, 2008, 18:03
Well, it's nice to see how that works, finally; I didn't see that documented anywhere until recently in the library.

However, I have a question: In offline character creation mode, I an assign a mix of die types to the Special Abilities sheet (e. g. 2d8+1d6) by putting the dice into the 'dice cup' and dragging that to the character sheet. Is there any way to do this outside of character creation mode? On that note, is there a reason the 'dice cup' isn't available in host or client mode?

Griogre
March 3rd, 2008, 01:20
The special ability will not keep mixed dice. As soon as you open and close the character sheet one of the die will be gone. Adding of dice and mods to the abilities was an undocument feature the developers were nice enough to slip in right at the end of the FG2 beta. It really is such a nice feature most of my players only use that side of the page for mods and only put sneak attack, turns used and mods on that side of the page and move the rest over to the feats side to give them more lines for mods - ie power attack, flank, bless, ect.

As a DM I can normally use a dice cup anywhere I could as a player. Where are you having problems?

Ghoti
March 3rd, 2008, 02:16
Perhaps I'm just being obtuse, but I don't even see the 'dice cup' when in Host mode; it's replaced by the Modifier stack. I have no problem in Host (or Client, for that matter) mode just typing /die 2d8+1d6; I was just wondering why the GUI tool isn't there, or if it is, where it scurries off to. To be sure we're talking about the same thing, I've attached comparative screenshot excerpts.

joshuha
March 3rd, 2008, 02:31
Well local mode has a different desktop defined.

But in normal mode your hotkeys act like a dice cup and you can drop multiple kinds of dice there.

Ghoti
March 3rd, 2008, 03:26
After a little bit of flailing, I've discovered that I can drag from (for lack of a better term) the 'currently typing' field of the chat window, so I can, to use my earlier example, just type /die 2d8+1d6, not press Enter, and drag that to the hotkey bar. Ghoti likes. :) Sorry to have hijacked this thread, by the way.

Griogre
March 3rd, 2008, 03:31
Yeah, what is even cooler is instead of pressing the hot key you can drag the text back off the hot key onto the enter area change the die code and drop it back onto the hotkey to update it very rapidly.

Yeah the tread got way off topic but the OP had his question answered about half a dozen posts up.