PDA

View Full Version : Where does everyone get their animated tokens?

Metlore
December 4th, 2023, 21:06
Where do you all get your animated tokens? I didn't see many packs on the store and I was just curious where most of you get animated tokens for FGU.

Zacchaeus
December 4th, 2023, 23:18
There’s some links here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?78086-webm-and-webp-resources

The only ones I have come from Smiteworks store.

Laerun
December 5th, 2023, 02:56
Where do you all get your animated tokens? I didn't see many packs on the store and I was just curious where most of you get animated tokens for FGU.

Most of use likely go to Patreon creators. When you do find them, make sure that they are VP8 not VP9 codec or they will not work or display within FG. You can convert to VP8, but you have to preserve the transparency alpha channel or you might get black or white borders and not a clear background. This can be achieved with a program such as the FREE Shutter Encoder app to convert your maps and tokens thar are animated. Also, make sure there is no audio channel either, because some animated maps include baked in ambient audio, which is not yet supported on FG. Do some research in the forums and such if you go down this path.