PDA

View Full Version : Shared Record

mattekure
December 1st, 2023, 13:30
Forge Link: The functionality for this extension was added to Core and is no longer needed. It has been delisted and should be removed from your campaigns.

This extension adds a small button to the header of each standard campaign record type that appears when the record is shared and indicates whether the record is Public or Shared with specific players. If the record is not shared, the button is hidden.

Clicking on the button will unshare the record from everyone. There is an option to set the button to also close the window upon unsharing.

This extension was developed using standard CoreRPG record types, if there are record types not currently supported, please let me know here.

DrakePD
December 1st, 2023, 14:03
Nice!

MrDDT
December 2nd, 2023, 05:12
Nice little feature.

nephranka
December 2nd, 2023, 19:53
Great QoL extra. I can see this making it into the core game at some point.

mattekure
December 2nd, 2023, 21:46
Great QoL extra. I can see this making it into the core game at some point.

Hopefully. I think it would be a great little addition. It was done based on an offhand comment by my DM DrakePD during a game. Seemed like a no-brainer after I realized how useful it would be.

rocketvaultgames
April 4th, 2024, 17:33
Loving this extension... though it seems with the latest update, the placement of your icon is moved and covers the record type icon:

Moon Wizard
April 4th, 2024, 17:44
Note: This information is now in the default window menu header for record windows (i.e. upper right share/unshare button to the left of close/minimize/help buttons); so you may not need this extension any more.

Regards,
JPG

mattekure
April 4th, 2024, 17:54
Loving this extension... though it seems with the latest update, the placement of your icon is moved and covers the record type icon:

The functionality this extension provided was added into Core, so it is no longer needed. It has been delisted since that feature came out, so you should go ahead and stop using it.

rocketvaultgames
April 4th, 2024, 18:10
I see now... I thought the new built-in did not differentiate between being shared with everyone or just specific users, but I see now that it does...

I still prefer the colored green and blue circles as they are easier to see at a glance, so I'll probably keep using this despite its location.

I'm realizing I miss the green and red colors for showing if records are ID'd quite a bit now, too.

Thank you both for your replies.