PDA

View Full Version : Would love to see these features...

alloowishus
November 30th, 2023, 18:50
It would be great if you could somehow add NPCs to the party sheet without having to create them as PCs. This is especially useful for things like pack animals, wagons etc. Otherwise if you want NPCs dragged along with everyone else you need to leave them in the CT as friendly factions, which is not ideal.

It would also be great, if you could have some kind of "lobby" for the CT, somewhere to put NPCs that are not actively involved in the combat to clean up the clutter, but you don't to delete them because you lose all the effects etc. I know you can make them invisible to skip them, but it would be better to not have them in the main CT.

SilentRuin
November 30th, 2023, 19:37
For 5E - there are extensions that do all this. Though I am also an advocate that they do something in the base FGU for this. It can be done - because it HAS been done. And its not rocket science to do it.

alloowishus
November 30th, 2023, 20:14
For 5E - there are extensions that do all this. Though I am also an advocate that they do something in the base FGU for this. It can be done - because it HAS been done. And its not rocket science to do it.

Hey neat, does the CT group only work with 5E? Could it work with other rulesets?

SilentRuin
November 30th, 2023, 20:17
Hey neat, does the CT group only work with 5E? Could it work with other rulesets?

5E only for all my stuff (Combat Groups and Assistant GM per what your talking about) - sorry its all I play (and plan to play). But I think you should stick to your guns here to get this sort of stuff added into smiteworks realm so whatever solution they come up with - they can maintain.

LordEntrails
November 30th, 2023, 21:40
Note that the developers ask that feature requests be added to the Wish List, so that they can be tracked, searched, sorted and voted on by community members. http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/
That does not mean that a forum post isn't valuable for discussion. I suggest you do both, and place a link in each one to the other so that people vote on the Wish List and discuss here.

Jiminimonka
November 30th, 2023, 22:31
It would be great if you could somehow add NPCs to the party sheet without having to create them as PCs. This is especially useful for things like pack animals, wagons etc. Otherwise if you want NPCs dragged along with everyone else you need to leave them in the CT as friendly factions, which is not ideal.

It would also be great, if you could have some kind of "lobby" for the CT, somewhere to put NPCs that are not actively involved in the combat to clean up the clutter, but you don't to delete them because you lose all the effects etc. I know you can make them invisible to skip them, but it would be better to not have them in the main CT.

Savage World has NPCs in the Party Sheet that players can drag to their Character Sheet Allies and use them.

Morenu
December 2nd, 2023, 05:40
There are SO many extensions that I wish SW would try and work with the coders of those extensions and if an agreement could be made, roll them into the base code.

SilentRuin
December 2nd, 2023, 16:09
There are SO many extensions that I wish SW would try and work with the coders of those extensions and if an agreement could be made, roll them into the base code.

Me too. But complex operations that are KLUDGED to make things work outside of their normal coding parameters are frowned upon. They just leave those to extension writers. I'd like nothing better than not to have to write any extensions because they fully support what I want/need.