PDA

View Full Version : Character Wizard

SilentRuin
November 29th, 2023, 19:06
Selecting Race - bugbear, class - wizard, and selecting 2nd cantrip will always result in console error...

[11/29/2023 1:01:50 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: attempt to compare two userdata values

Zacchaeus
November 29th, 2023, 19:52
I can't reproduce this. Any other steps other than selecting class/race/spells that need to be considered?

SilentRuin
November 29th, 2023, 19:58
I can't reproduce this. Any other steps other than selecting class/race/spells that need to be considered?

Don't see how you can't duplicate it. No extensions.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=59388&d=1701287820

If you tell me your not in TEST (as this post is in Laboratory) I'll have to thwack you on the nose with a rolled up wet newspaper...

Zacchaeus
November 29th, 2023, 20:09
OK, I can replicate now; seems like there was an update which I hadn't noticed. So whatever was updated most recently seems to be causing the issue.

Also it doesn't seem to matter what race is selected.

SilentRuin
November 29th, 2023, 20:13
Yeah the whole thing is being rewritten... again. I only noticed as I have an extension I had to spend 6 hours modifying to get working again. Just wanted to test it all out from start to end when i blew up - then ran campaign with no extensions and still blew up.

superteddy57
November 29th, 2023, 21:46
I have a fix pushed for review. It will be available with the next TEST build.

Moon Wizard
November 30th, 2023, 02:31
I have pushed the new Test build.

Regards,
JPG

SilentRuin
November 30th, 2023, 03:50
No more crash but after I select wizard - 3 cantrips and 1 level 1 - selecting the cantrip or 1 buttons give me the wrong results. I've seen 2 pop up on cantrips - and other random combinations of the 4 things I've selected. That's assuming the cantrip list and level 1 list presented to me were correct which I think they were.

I suggest testing actually creating something all the way through that uses the most stuff you present - high elf on races - wizard and spells - not sure what class and race equipment is as I never seem to see any in my data sets but that may just be me. But I'd check it all the way through a creation.

superteddy57
November 30th, 2023, 09:22
From what I have read, you are not seeing the filtering buttons working correctly on the known spells?

I tested each spell casting class and was not able to replicate the filtering buttons acting in that manner. I did however remove the new sorting function to ensure that is not the issue as that is the only new bit of code.

SilentRuin
November 30th, 2023, 14:28
From what I have read, you are not seeing the filtering buttons working correctly on the known spells?

I tested each spell casting class and was not able to replicate the filtering buttons acting in that manner. I did however remove the new sorting function to ensure that is not the issue as that is the only new bit of code.

Correct. I basically can jump straight into wizard - pick spells - pick the first 3 cantrips that show - then pick 1 and pick first spell... then go back and hit cantrips or 1 buttons and they show 2 in cantrips and 2 in 1 - which is wrong.

SilentRuin
November 30th, 2023, 19:12

My mistake in thinking the first default list was the cantrips when it was a blend of all. Was not expecting to have to click a filter as did not see use of one unfiltered list (when I'm trying to pick cantrip or level spells to fill quota - I'm not smart enough to know one spell name is a cantrip or level just from name). Anyway all good - was my mistake. Will always make sure players have a button selected for filtering when filling out cantrip/known/level stuff.