PDA

View Full Version : Creating a spell adding damage

portential
November 29th, 2023, 17:21
So I'm trying to create Snillock's Iceball.

I copied fireball, changed the damage type in the text description to cold. I add the spell to a character sheet. I see cast but not the Dmg field. I right click on the spell in the character sheet, click add action, and I now have the Dmg field for the spell on the character sheet but I can't add in the damage on the character sheet.

I have two questions:

1st) How can I add Dmg to the spell in the spell editor

2nd) How can I add Dmg to the spell listed in the character editor

thank you all.

Zacchaeus
November 29th, 2023, 18:51
I must assume that you have somehow messed up the text. So I tested this by making a copy of the fireball spell; edited the copy to Snowball and the fire to cold and then dragged that into the actions tab. If you don't get the wording exactly right then it will not work.

You add damage in the spell by precisely following the wording that you see in any damage dealing spell. To add damage to something in the actions tab right click on the line and select Add Action > Add damage. This will create a new line; click on the magnifying glass at the end of the line and then drag in the required damage dice and add in the type. See the last video in this list for more information https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?74212-Updating-5e-effects-videos&p=654177#post654177