PDA

View Full Version : Strange warning I can't find out where it is coming from

SilentRuin
November 22nd, 2023, 19:59
I do a call in an extension to place an NPC - it works - all its good nothing wrong at all. But I noticed in my logs that for certain NPCs (not all of them) I get one or two warning messages that look like this...

[11/22/2023 1:41:31 PM] s'Can't find CT node: ' | { s'sType' = s'npc', s'sCreatureNode' = s'npc.id-00005@5EAEcorrections', s'sName' = s'Moonbeam' }

Nothing is going wrong - the NPC is being placed - a search of the code does not show "find CT node" text anywhere (at least that I'm looking in).

Its the exact same code doing all the NPC placement but one has no warnings - another always has one warning - and another always has two warnings...

They all originate in this call...

local tCustom = { nodeRecord = nodeNPC };
CombatRecordManager.onRecordTypeEvent("npc", tCustom);

Again the call works - I can see no issues anywhere - but I'm wondering why some NPCs generate this warning and others do not?

Moon Wizard
November 23rd, 2023, 02:50
That output message is not in any of the store ruleset/extensions code; so it must be from one of the extensions you are using.

Regards,
JPG

SilentRuin
November 23rd, 2023, 04:18
So I gather CombatRecordManger.onRecrodTypeEvent triggers all sorts of stuff. I'll try and see what is going on with my search of the code and try and find it again.

SilentRuin
November 23rd, 2023, 18:50
Yeah if I run without BCEG extension (and all the others to get this particular job done) the warnings don't occur. As they are harmless its just a matter of spam erring on the side of safety I suppose.