PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Wildshape

MyGivinOpinion
November 15th, 2023, 15:11
Moderator. Note please don't use this extension at this time. There are reports that it is breaking campaigns badly. The author isn't available to fix the issue; so until they are please don't use it.

Introducing "Advanced Wildshape," the ultimate extension for taking your FGU transformations to the next level! This cutting-edge tool revolutionizes the Wild Shape and Polymorph experience, combining automation with customization for an unparalleled gaming adventure.

Key Features:

Effortless Transformation: Say goodbye to manual adjustments. With Advanced Wildshape, transforming into beasts or creatures is as simple as selecting your choice from a dropdown menu. Watch your character seamlessly shift into their new form, complete with updated stats and abilities.

GM-Approved Filters: Your Game Master has the flexibility to control information visibility. The GM can decide if players see creature data prior to transforming. Preserve the excitement and mystery, or reveal all the intricacies—it's in the hands of the GM.

Dynamic Quick Reference: Access all pertinent information at a glance! Advanced Wildshape features a dynamic side panel that displays comprehensive details for Wild Shape and Polymorph transformations. No need to pause the action – keep the game flowing smoothly. So long as the GM permits.

Shapechange Token Mastery: For characters harnessing the potent Shapechange ability, Advanced Wildshape offers a unique token replacement feature. Witness a true metamorphosis as your character's appearance on FGU seamlessly shifts to match their new form.

Intuitive Interface: Enjoy a streamlined and intuitive interface designed to enhance your tabletop experience. The extension's dropdown menus, filters, and reference panels are crafted for simplicity, ensuring a delightful experience for both players and GMs.

Shapechange your experience with "Advanced Wildshape" – where transformations are not just advanced, but an adventure in themselves. Unleash the power of your imagination and transform your gaming sessions today!

Extension (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/1467/view)

MrDDT
November 16th, 2023, 07:10
Seems cool so far, looking forward to seeing more work on it.

MyGivinOpinion
November 18th, 2023, 14:00
All reported bugs have been addressed and the forge has been updated.

Working on the first actual update now.

I've gotten a lot of messages about the extension not working. Currently, this is a player-side extension meaning that if the GM tries to select the form, the stats will not display. This also goes for working the button for Process/Revert. The reason for this is because it uses the players current identity to track which sheet to display the information to, and which to apply displayed changes to.

Once I figure out how to allow the GM access to these features it will be updated for such immediately.

Side Note: Some of you may or may not have noticed, the extension displays character data for all selections if the GM has not enabled NPC stat sharing in the Options Menu. The changes do still apply as they should in this instance.

MyGivinOpinion
November 19th, 2023, 20:34
NOTICE

GM now has the ability to select forms as well as the ability to process and revert the change.

No more than one character sheet should be open when doing this as I cannot guarantee a proper application of the change to the correct sheet if more than one is open.

MrDDT
November 19th, 2023, 20:35
Sweet. Much needed. Too many of my players don’t know how to use FGU haha

MyGivinOpinion
November 20th, 2023, 18:44
First Update is out!

Now there are entries generated for each power or non-weapon attack a creature has when changed into them.

Lord Chrono
November 28th, 2023, 08:48
Bought and installed this, broke my game. No players could access their characters. Had to unload it to go back to normal.

MyGivinOpinion
November 28th, 2023, 12:06
Bought and installed this, broke my game. No players could access their characters. Had to unload it to go back to normal.

Could you please provide more information? Like a list of extensions in use? I think there might be a conflict because I cannot recreate the issue you are experiencing with just advanced wildshape loaded or any of the extensions I have loaded as well. Took a while to test them all one by one.

Brotherkelly
November 28th, 2023, 18:26
I am getting the same issue. The console log is attached.

The only extension I have running the this one. The log file shows the modules loaded.

On initial connectivity by the client, the characters are visible in the character window but none are selectable. If you close this and then re-open the character window, it is completely empty.

I am going to see if any of the modules are affecting it. Will provide an update when I have done this.

Brotherkelly
November 28th, 2023, 19:42
Update to my last post. The character selected by the client becomes available after about 3 minutes. as does the full list of characters in the character window. The initial startup seems to be really slow.

Also, after the first shape change (either option), when cycling through to a different option (wildshape to polymorph, etc) takes about 10 seconds.

Another thing I have noticed is that the natural weapon attacks are not being listed in the weapons section of the Actions tab, contrary to what is shown in the description on the Forge.

Fianlly, can you tell me where it is getting the list of creatures to select from?

MrDDT
November 28th, 2023, 19:55
Sounds like you have a lot of NPCs in mods and it’s blowing up your db.xm

MyGivinOpinion
November 28th, 2023, 20:16
Update to my last post. The character selected by the client becomes available after about 3 minutes. as does the full list of characters in the character window. The initial startup seems to be really slow.

Also, after the first shape change (either option), when cycling through to a different option (wildshape to polymorph, etc) takes about 10 seconds.

Another thing I have noticed is that the natural weapon attacks are not being listed in the weapons section of the Actions tab, contrary to what is shown in the description on the Forge.

Fianlly, can you tell me where it is getting the list of creatures to select from?

@Brotherkelly, thank you for this, as far as i can tell it's probably the amount of modules you are loading that may be creating the lag, In my testing I did not have 120 modules loaded, i only had loaded what was needed. Can you zip the folder for the campaign and send it to me so i can sort this out?

Brotherkelly
November 28th, 2023, 21:57
@Brotherkelly, thank you for this, as far as i can tell it's probably the amount of modules you are loading that may be creating the lag, In my testing I did not have 120 modules loaded, i only had loaded what was needed. Can you zip the folder for the campaign and send it to me so i can sort this out?

When I don't have the wildshape extension loaded the character selection is almost instant.

I will check the number of modules loaded and look to send you the zipped campaign.

Lord Chrono
November 29th, 2023, 09:45
You are really asking a lot at this point but here you go:
- Aura Effects
- Better Combat Effects Gold
- Combat Timer
-Dropped Order
- Effect Builder
- Effective NPC
- Extraplanar Containers
- Friend Zone
- Kit'N'kaboodle
- Moon Tracker
- Natural Selection
- Optical Referendum
- Prepared Enhancement
- Requested rolls
- Stage whisper
- Stealth tracker
- token height indication
- Coin Converter
- Expanded NPCs
- Generic Actions FGU
- Equipped effects FGU
- Map Parcel FGU
- Action Tracker
- Chat Effects
- NPC flavors
- Legendary Assistant
- Sharing is caring
- Undo Last
- Calendar Plus
- Coin Flip
- Initiative Indicator
- Wound Overlay
- Fen's NPC Portrait Workaround
- Hero point 5e
- MNM Core
- MNM Forge Upgrader
- MNM Module UI
- MNM Party Combat stats
- MNM Player Journal
- Name maker
- Random Spellbook 5e
- Rolling Mirror
- Shops
- Syrinscape Sounds

My problom was exactly as the person in the next post had but with a lot more extensions it seems. I turned off your extension, then it went back to normal but I and all the players, had to reload all the modules.

Brotherkelly
November 29th, 2023, 13:15

@MyGivinOpinion, the player is only loading 24 modules. not sure where you got the 120 modules from.

I will send you the campaign folder tonight.

MyGivinOpinion
November 29th, 2023, 14:11
Responses to both of you are posted below.

@Brotherkelly
In your log you can see the modules loaded twice, once at the beginning here.

And again when you connect to your server as a client.

What confuses me is what comes after.

I'm not sure if this is how long it's taking to load these. I'm actively trying to figure that out. I look forward to going over the campaign to see what is going on. Thank you for your patience.

@Lord Chrono
You may have a similar issue, but I'll need a log from you to be able to tell if you want speed it up you could bundle that up with your campaign folder so I can look into that as well. I do however see that you are using an extension that is no longer supported. Token Height was implemented into FGU as the extension developer mentions it in the post.
here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?66566-5E-Token-Height-Indicator)

MrDDT
November 29th, 2023, 16:46
Responses to both of you are posted below.

@Brotherkelly
In your log you can see the modules loaded twice, once at the beginning here.

And again when you connect to your server as a client.

What confuses me is what comes after.

The first 2 images are the total # of modules the GM has in the modules folder, not the number loaded. This has very little impact on players or the GM because all FGU does is makes a list of the items in it, not loading anything else.

The last image has to do with requesting info, it has to do with the size of the requested item. So if the GM shared an item like an NPC on a map, or a map itself etc, you will see a network request and data sent.

Loading 24 modules shouldn't be super hard (its a bit but not a great amount) however, with this EXT the # of NPCs is important as this EXT clones those NPCs from a module an puts them in the DB.

MyGivinOpinion
November 29th, 2023, 16:56
Thanks for the info. And I'm suspecting that the amount of monsters cloned is the issue, I am already hard at work on revamping the whole system as we speak @MrDDT. So what you have said is already about to be out of date here soon. A clearing of the database file will be implemented into the code so that any prior existing database clones will be removed simply upon launching the new update so that no subscriber has to enter any of the files for editing.

Brotherkelly
November 29th, 2023, 17:20
The first 2 images are the total # of modules the GM has in the modules folder, not the number loaded. This has very little impact on players or the GM because all FGU does is makes a list of the items in it, not loading anything else.

The last image has to do with requesting info, it has to do with the size of the requested item. So if the GM shared an item like an NPC on a map, or a map itself etc, you will see a network request and data sent.

Loading 24 modules shouldn't be super hard (its a bit but not a great amount) however, with this EXT the # of NPCs is important as this EXT clones those NPCs from a module an puts them in the DB.

I wasn't aware of this regarding the NPCs. I will check my db file to confirm.

MyGivinOpinion
November 29th, 2023, 17:21
There is no need @Brotherkelly I just said it is that way and won't be on the next update.

HiLoF
November 29th, 2023, 21:53
Regardless, i appreciate someone tackling this needed extension. I look FW to it working and can wait until then.

Redemption77
December 1st, 2023, 06:20
Im not sure what Im doing wrong. It gives me a handler error everytime I use any drop down and in the choose shape dropdown there is nothing to choose. Am I not loading something properly?

MyGivinOpinion
December 1st, 2023, 11:28
Have you loaded any modules such as the DMG or MM. Without a module loaded there is no data to make into a list.

Redemption77
December 1st, 2023, 21:01
Yes, I have modules open, plenty of them feeding NPCs to things. Beyond that players cant even select their characters. Im just having to disable the extension to be able to utilize the campaign at all, which sucks because it looks like it'd be super useful and well, its paid for.

MyGivinOpinion
December 1st, 2023, 21:04
This is the problem others are facing atm. The fix is already in process and will be released very soon.

Redemption77
December 1st, 2023, 21:05
Including getting the handler errors and it not registering the modules? Or just the players not being able to select characters

MyGivinOpinion
December 3rd, 2023, 13:25
Yes, it will all be addressed very soon. Hopefully, if I can get some uninterrupted time at my desk, the patch will be out today, if not, tomorrow.

The only thing I will be unable to address is the time it takes to load the compiled list upon clicking the the Choose a Shape dropdown. The reason for this is that there is still a list that is as long as the list for every npc that is loaded by a module. Even converting the system to be 99% module based there is no way to get around the length of time it takes to create and sort a whole list of what I'm seeing may be near the 1000+ monsters that some users have loaded.

I can however give you a hint to reduce the time it takes to cycle the Wildshape, Polymorph, Shapechange etc. Cycler. That is to make the list of available forms as small as possible, IE, if you are in wildshape or polymorph, select burrow from the first drop down, and level 1 for the second drop down. Then your list is only 3 creatures big, as you cycle the list these will stay as the active filters for the Cycler and you will cycle through Wildshape, Polymorph, with a list that is only 3 creatures big.(In my testing with DMG, MM, Volo's and Mord's loaded at least.)

For any other listing, choose a creature type you have few of and grab a lower CR lvl, this will also make the list smallish and easier to cycle the shapechange abilities faster.

Brotherkelly
December 3rd, 2023, 15:46
Excellent, can't wait to try out the updated extension. Thanks for looking into the issues raised.

MyGivinOpinion
December 5th, 2023, 11:39
Okay, so the transmission on my car is slipping and is now in the shop, my daughter got into all kinds of trouble yesterday so I haven't been able to make much progress these last two days. Sorry about the delays. Life is throwing me a bunch of curveballs suddenly.

Also started a new job here on Sunday so been super busy.

MyGivinOpinion
December 8th, 2023, 22:04
I want to deeply apologize for the missing update. We’ve had a family medical emergency that’s kept me pretty occupied and away from the computer. I’m sorry for the delay I will get it out asap.

Brotherkelly
December 8th, 2023, 22:43
I want to deeply apologize for the missing update. We’ve had a family medical emergency that’s kept me pretty occupied and away from the computer. I’m sorry for the delay I will get it out asap.

Hope everyone is okay. No rush on the update. Family comes first.

MyGivinOpinion
December 14th, 2023, 20:37
Thank you all for your patience! Our family member is out of the ICU and has been moved to rehabilitation wing of the hospital. I will have time this weekend to finish the update. I greatly appreciate the time you have given me to address the family concerns. Cheers!

Redemption77
December 14th, 2023, 21:21
Family first. I hope all goes well with the member of your family getting out of ICU. Whenever you can get to it, all good. If you need time to collect yourself, I know I'll understand and Im sure so will everyone else.

jrpettit
December 27th, 2023, 15:55
Have you made any progress troubleshooting this extension? Both of the campaigns I'm running currently have druids, so this would be helpful. Brotherkelly's description of the issue is essentially the same problem I've seen, and his extensions (Rob2E ones) are the same types that I'm using (with many more). Perhaps Rob2E could assist you with this troubleshooting as he's pretty knowledgeable of the intricacies of FG.

MrDDT
December 27th, 2023, 16:09
Have you made any progress troubleshooting this extension? Both of the campaigns I'm running currently have druids, so this would be helpful. Brotherkelly's description of the issue is essentially the same problem I've seen, and his extensions (Rob2E ones) are the same types that I'm using (with many more). Perhaps Rob2E could assist you with this troubleshooting as he's pretty knowledgeable of the intricacies of FG.

Rob2E doesn't know any LUA coding at all, he converts mods and has gathered together a group of people that do some extension (AKA LUA) coding.

@MGO, Happy to help do more testing when you get time, I know you busy for the Holidays. Let me know on Discord.

Weepdrag
December 31st, 2023, 20:52
Works great with one exception. It doesn't allow you specify the Monster module. Only the Monster Manual is used. The problem with that... the Monster Manual has only got the "Letter" Tokens and not the tokens that I use. On the character sheet, you can put a token there but it doesn't "store" the token. If anyone knows a work-around, I'm all ears.

Otherwise, nifty extension. Well worth the 500 sheckles.

cdjensen99
January 8th, 2024, 08:56
Didn't know where else to post this. My log has the following error, It shows up 3 times during loading.

[1/7/2024 5:15:15 AM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "Advanced Wildshape:..s/manager_char_mod.lua"]:114: createChild: Invalid argument 2

oranrene
January 13th, 2024, 05:39
I would recommend anyone curious about this extension stay away until OP is able to fix whatever this issue is. This extension has effectively bricked my campaign and I still cannot figure out how I can fix it. Thank goodness I had the foresight to back my campaign up a few weeks ago so not all is lost.

Bonkon
January 13th, 2024, 07:38
I would recommend anyone curious about this extension stay away until OP is able to fix whatever this issue is. This extension has effectively bricked my campaign and I still cannot figure out how I can fix it. Thank goodness I had the foresight to back my campaign up a few weeks ago so not all is lost.

Good Day oranrene :)
It might be helpful to explain what is happening with your campaign. Do you have other extensions running at the same time? If so have you tried disabling other extensions to ensure there are no conflicts between extensions? :)

oranrene
February 8th, 2024, 23:23
I've spent plenty of time troubleshooting it. It is his extension, it does something to the DB file and makes loading in for players upwards of 20 minutes or more.

And even getting past that, the entire client becomes lag ridden and unstable. My theory is that it's trying to download the entire monster database for each player based on what we saw. OP mentions you can filter those options down, and that would maybe help prevent this but in my opinion the ext shouldn't be front-loaded and so dangerous to begin with.

If others wish to try their luck with it, they're welcome to. I wish I hadn't used it. it feels even worse I paid for it. I am missing 20+ hours of work that I didn't back up between the weeks we used it. Use at your own peril.

To OP I wish you all the best and hope your family is in a better place now

damned
February 9th, 2024, 05:59
Hi oranrene did you check inside your campaign folder?
Each session your db is backed up one time into that same directory.
You may be able to find our data there.

MyGivinOpinion
February 9th, 2024, 10:34
I have been trying desperately to get back to this extension to finish it. My life is in complete chaos right now so no telling when that will be. I am now going through a divorce. Wish you all the best! I will be removing the extension from the marketplace today until I can get it handled.

ddavison
February 9th, 2024, 22:03
Sorry to hear that MyGivinOpinion. I delisted it on the Forge for now and turned off the latest LIVE build. Hopefully things will become less chaotic in the days and weeks to come. I wish you the best as well.

MyGivinOpinion
March 2nd, 2024, 10:57
This is an update to say I will be returning to fix the issues with this extension shortly, now that life is settling down and most of the drama in my life has been handled. It will not happen this next week. But the following week I should be able to finish the update I was working on when I was pulled away.

The update. I can confirm that the issue that brought down the extension has already been fixed. The reason the update wasn't pushed was I had figured out how to streamline some things and was adding a few more forms of shapechanging that I had overlooked during the initial release. I was hoping to get them both done in one update, but life and it's curveballs..

Anyway, Thank you all for your patience and understanding. I will back to finalize this update and get it back to you all!

MyGivinOpinion
April 7th, 2024, 23:51
TO FIX BROKEN CAMPAIGNS PLEASE DO AS FOLLOWS:

Step 1: Open your Fantasy Grounds campaign folder and open the file marked db.xml
Your file, once all the - symbols are clicked on except for root, your db.xml will look something like above.

Step 2: Go to the beginning of the last line at the end of your db.xml file and hit return to create a new line
It should look like above when you are done.

Step 3: Select the line with shapechange_forms and the line that appears below it like in the following picture.

Step 4: Finally, press Delete and save.

Congrats. Sorry about the delay in posting a fix. I will be looking for people to help test my latest build when it's closer to completion. The more creature content you have the better for testing. Please let me know if you are interested on this forum or in pm. Thank you.

MyGivinOpinion
April 18th, 2024, 12:41
Finalizing the patch for this soon. Like hopefully by the end of the day today!

Brotherkelly
April 18th, 2024, 22:29
Finalizing the patch for this soon. Like hopefully by the end of the day today!

Excellent, looking forward to trying out the updated extension.

MyGivinOpinion
April 21st, 2024, 17:23
Currently waiting on obtaining an old version to test an in code fix for the problem created by the original release.

Weepdrag
April 21st, 2024, 21:55
removed

MyGivinOpinion
April 21st, 2024, 21:57
It was vaulted which means the extension wouldn't be viewable in file structure. However, if you are talking about the campaign it was used on that would work. I would need a copy of the campaign folder, zipped.

Weepdrag
April 21st, 2024, 22:04
Oops, mine was vaulted. I'll keep digging. Was this ONLY available on the Forge? If it was available as a direct download, I might still have one on my backup drive.

MyGivinOpinion
April 21st, 2024, 22:06
Indeed, it was always vaulted. I'm waiting for correspondence to get the old version.