PDA

View Full Version : Bandwidth and Customization

BRichter
February 19th, 2008, 22:11
Hi!

I'm considering purchasing FG and I wanted to ask:

1] Will it work over a satellite connection? One of the players (not the GM) has a Hughes Satellite out in New Mexico...

2] How difficult is it to customize classes, add feats, spells, etc?

Thanks!

Bob Richter

Griogre
February 19th, 2008, 23:00
1) FG *should* work for a Player on satellite. However if his "up" is dialup he will be effectivly a player on a very good dialup. I would suggest you both download the demo and have him try to connect to you and see how it works as there could be some latency issues. The demo is still FG1 but that would have no effect on testing the connection.

2) There are two parts to the answer. First most importantly, most of the character sheet are just strings which are editable so you can type in any feats you want and you can add a new line empty line in the spell book and type in the name of any spell and type anything you want in as a class name. In other words just like a paper character sheet in a face to face game you can write anything you want on the paper. There are some automatic functions on the FG character sheet mostly stat bonues. I suggest you get the demo and take a look at it. The character sheet in the demo is dated but the basic idea is still true. The weapon lists, inventory and spellbook have been much improved in FG2 but still work the same way.

You can also type in classes, feats and spells as a referance. There are a great many threads on the boards on how to do this. It is easier in many cases to just open the book and look up a few things rather than try to do the data entry on a whole book's worth of rules.