PDA

View Full Version : Adding/modifying classes

leozelig
February 18th, 2008, 16:40
I am working on a char sheet for AD&D 1st edition and would like to add the Illusionist class, delete Sorceror, change wizard to magic-user, etc. I'm sure it is as simple as modifying a file, as I have done to customize the rest of the char sheet, but I can't find the appropriate file that defines the classes.

Also, in d20, the class label is linked to the spells tab so that slots are created automatically for that class if it is a caster. Any advice on how to make the appropriate changes for this would be appreciated as well.

Malovech
February 18th, 2008, 17:57
I am working on a char sheet for AD&D 1st edition and would like to add the Illusionist class, delete Sorceror, change wizard to magic-user, etc. I'm sure it is as simple as modifying a file, as I have done to customize the rest of the char sheet, but I can't find the appropriate file that defines the classes.

Also, in d20, the class label is linked to the spells tab so that slots are created automatically for that class if it is a caster. Any advice on how to make the appropriate changes for this would be appreciated as well.

You have to get into modifying the database files (stored in .mod files) in the modules folder. A program like WinRar will recognize these as compressed archives.

leozelig
February 18th, 2008, 19:27
Thanks, I saw a couple threads on modifying the .mod file for spells. I tried changing it to a zip file to access the .xml files, but when I try to change it back to a .mod file, it is called 'd20spells.mod.zip'. Could be a problem with WinRAR, who knows. I'll try a different file compression utility.

Again, thanks for the helpful input.

Malovech
February 19th, 2008, 02:13
Thanks, I saw a couple threads on modifying the .mod file for spells. I tried changing it to a zip file to access the .xml files, but when I try to change it back to a .mod file, it is called 'd20spells.mod.zip'. Could be a problem with WinRAR, who knows. I'll try a different file compression utility.

Again, thanks for the helpful input.

WinRar can open the file without renaming the extension.

DNH
February 19th, 2008, 09:14
In WinRAR, if you change the archive format to zip, it appends .zip to the filename by default. You can change this in the archive name field at the top of the dialog, so simply delete the .zip to leave you with d20spells.mod or whatever you need.

leozelig
February 20th, 2008, 17:02
Great, thanks everyone! :D