PDA

View Full Version : Problem with FX turning off

revanmaster
October 27th, 2023, 02:15
If a map has FX layer it turns off when map expanded to fill to resolution(or whatever the arrow does that points to the top right) so far for the last few weeks I've ran with FX layers, and the workaround is to use the tool to cause the mask to reset

Moon Wizard
October 27th, 2023, 02:27
Thanks for posting. Can you provide a copy of the campaign folder zipped up with the name of the image record that has the issue? (You can use GoogleDrive/OneDrive/DropBox if larger than 10MB.)

Regards,
JPG

revanmaster
October 27th, 2023, 14:35
Is there really a needed thing since in another campaign(pf2e as well) it's also happening and it's even happening in a Vampire:TM campaign as well that doesn't even have extensions beyond the theme for werewolf. I only draw a shape, and then add mask for fx and it's does it as well

LordEntrails
October 27th, 2023, 17:16
Is a campaign necessary? No. But given the community and the devs ask for bug reports to be concise and with the details necessary to quickly and easily reproduce the issue it is desired.

It's not that the developers can't figure out an issue with few details, but rather that they and the community would rather they be able to do so as quickly as possible. i.e. would you rather a dev spend 90 minutes trying to figure out how to reproduce a reported issue because the campaign and detailed steps are not provided, or would you rather have then spend 5 minutes figuring it out and the other 85 minutes adding new features to FG?

revanmaster
October 27th, 2023, 18:25
Well the pf2e campaigns are rather big and wouldn't fit in any of my storage, but Vampire campaign does it without any error popping so assuming it's not campaign specific thing.

pindercarl
October 27th, 2023, 20:09
Well the pf2e campaigns are rather big and wouldn't fit in any of my storage, but Vampire campaign does it without any error popping so assuming it's not campaign specific thing.

The issue has been identified and should be addressed in the next update.

Orimn
November 1st, 2023, 19:25
The issue has been identified and should be addressed in the next update.

Good to hear, I was just making a map for our next game and decided to use the water effects on a river (Iv'e never used the FX before outside of the weather ones) and when I re-loaded the map the water effect was not working.

So it's nice to hear the problem is being worked on.

Moon Wizard
November 4th, 2023, 03:01
The update for this went out this morning.

Regards,
JPG