PDA

View Full Version : help why cant my players log in

camelon75
February 17th, 2008, 20:10
I started a campaign a coupelof weeks ag on my pc and recently got a new laptop which i thought would be better to use so installed on that and copied over all the files for the campaign. then deleted all the stuff of my pc --damn stoopid thing to do before checking everything was going to work okay.

generated a new alias for the game so the players can log into and yet they cannot get connected ?

Do i need to reset something or re work something do they need to reinstall too?

Sorry for all the questions just could not find the right answer becuase i dont knoe the right question?

any help would be great as we jsut missed our weekly window so would like to get stuff sorted before next session.

cheers

longarms
February 17th, 2008, 20:17
My guess is that you set port forwarding on port 1802 for the IP address of your computer. Now that you have a new laptop, the laptop has a new IP address. The laptop IP address does not match the IP address configured for port forwarding.

Do you use a router? If so, login to the router and see what IP address has port forwarding. Then, run ipconfig on your laptop to see if your laptop's IP address matches. If not, use your router configuration utility to change the port forwarding address.

camelon75
February 18th, 2008, 08:41
Homer needs more donuts.

I never eventhought that my port forwarding would ned to be changed and set up to a new IP addres allocated by my router but it now works cheers.

Next time I will know , not that there will be a next time for a while so i probably will forget and look dumb agian!

Thanks for the pointers got me sorted in the end.:)