PDA

View Full Version : LFP Learning Blades in the Dark

Coat McMutton
October 25th, 2023, 15:02
FGU License: Free demo or up for players.
Game System: Blades in the Dark

Time Zone: Central Europe UTC+2 (GM), US East UTC-4 (players so far)
Day of week and time: Saturdays 23:00 UTC+2 / 17:00 UTC-4
New game, planned start date: Session 0 on Saturday 2023-10-28, 23:00 UTC+2 / 17:00 UTC-4
Planned Duration & Frequency: Planned weekly, conflicting schedules may reduce frequency. 2-4 hours per session.
Term: Long. No predetermined end.

Text or Voice: Voice
Main Language used: English
Voice software used: Discord
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No recording, no streaming.

Roleplay & Combat mix: At least 75-25 RP to combat. BitD does not use tactical maps and condenses fights often into 1-3 rolls.
Number of Players in game & needed: Have 2, looking for 1-2 more.
Character starting level & equipment: Default "level 1" start.
Character restrictions: Human playbooks only. While mostly engaging in criminal activity, characters should not have "evil" motivation.

Scenario: Roughly a millennium ago a BBEG succeeded with his plan to open the Gates of Death and unleashed the undead upon a world now plunged into eternal, sunless darkness. You’re playing a plucky group of criminals doing heists in a haunted industrial-fantasy Victorian-era city trapped inside a wall of lightning powered by demon blood.
Tonally we're shooting for amateur Pratchett fanfiction. We're trying to keep it light.
Media cited for the setting's inspiration: Gangs of New York, Heat, Dishonored, Thief: The Dark Project, Peaky Blinders

Changes made so far:

Recreational substances have been replaced with contraband luxury food.
Demons have been relegated to background only, they aren't active agents in the game. This does not affect the rest of the supernatural elements.
Cults are exclusively religion-like with voluntary participation.

Players should be:

18+. While we'll fade to black if anything raunchy comes up, there will still be themes and topics for which a mature outlook might be advantageous, such as gang and class warfare, morality vs. legality, taxes, political murder, etc. It should also help limit the age-gap for pop-culture references.
Collaborative. Inter-PC conflict is unnecessary and players should find joy in others doing cool stuff alongside them. Killing NPCs "just 'cause" should not happen, i.e. no random murderhobos, please.
Easy-going. This refers to both rules-lawyering ("Hey, I looked it up and actually mechanic X works like this" is fine, arguing 30 minutes to get an extra die is not) and embracing "failed" rolls.
Eager to learn the system or at least be fine with everyone else also being new.

Tabarkus
October 25th, 2023, 22:48
Hi, I would be interested in learning this game. I'm am completely new to BitD. Have played TTRPGs since the early 1980s; mostly D&D, WEG Star Wars, Dungeon Crawl Classics. I'm very familiar with Fantasy Grounds and have been using it to run my games for the last 8 years. I'm just interested in looking at different styles of TTRPGs and listened to an actual play podcast for BitD that was intriguing. Let me know.

Coat McMutton
October 27th, 2023, 16:21
All 4 slots have been filled.