PDA

View Full Version : Creating Text For GM

pjrake
February 17th, 2008, 15:34
i'm creating some entries for the upcoming adventure and i want to use an NPC dialogue. for example:

Baron: This is what I want to say.

how can i create that as an new entry? i know how to create a "story" text and then i see 'assign speaker' but after that i'm stuck.

nezzir
February 17th, 2008, 17:45
In my modules, I create a dragable text box with the /id in it, then another with the spoken text. Like this:

/id Baron

This is what I want to say.

So, you drag the first, then the second. It will create a personality called "Baron" and you will speak through it till you release it or click GM again.

There may be a way to "speak this phrase as", but if there is, I don't know it.

kalmarjan
February 17th, 2008, 18:09
i'm creating some entries for the upcoming adventure and i want to use an NPC dialogue. for example:

Baron: This is what I want to say.

how can i create that as an new entry? i know how to create a "story" text and then i see 'assign speaker' but after that i'm stuck.

In your story item, write what your character wants to say. Highlight part of it, then either right click and choose "assign speaker" or press the keyboard shrotcut, tab.

This will place the cursor before the text, and what you write there will be the name of the speaker. You will notice the text will shift to the right of whatever you are typing.

Now, as for in-game effects... you can drag the text like a normal frame and drop it, and it will show up as something like:

Gordon: I have said all day that this is the best chicken I ever tasted!

Now, I personally believe that it is moreso for the DM to see quickly who is saying what. I almost never use the function.

Hope that helps you out.

Sandeman

pjrake
February 17th, 2008, 19:38
got it to work! thanks :)

-PJ