PDA

View Full Version : LFP D&D 5e Wednesdays - Custom World - Age of Sundered Skies (Text only)

Starcrawler
October 21st, 2023, 21:13
FG License: I have an Ultimate FGU Licence, so no licence required.
Game System: D&D 5e

Time Zone: UK Time (GMT at campaign start)
Day of week and time: Wednesdays 7PM GMT (2PM US Eastern time)
Next session: Wednesday 15th November
Planned Duration & Frequency: Bi-Weekly (Every 2 weeks) 4 hour sessions.
Term: Long Term. This will be a full campaign set in a homebrew world.

Text or Voice: Text ONLY (No voice will be used, not even for OOC)
Main Language used: English

Discord will be used, but only for out of session discussion.

Roleplay & Combat mix: Roughly 50/50.
Number of Players in game & needed: Already have 3 players, looking for 4 total, so 1 more player.
Character starting level & equipment: 3rd Level. Normal starting equipment.
Character restrictions: No homebrew. Some race restrictions, but generally open to most races, just run them by me first.

Details of your scenario:

In the year 1001 ATS (After the Sundering), Elvira still bears the scars of a great betrayal. Once the god of unity, Aeldrys was overtaken by envy and shattered the world's barriers, unleashing unknown creatures and chaos. This era of war was halted only when the gods intervened, imprisoning Aeldrys and restoring a fragile peace to Elvira.

Now, Elvira's cities flourish and diverse cultures coexist, but a looming threat casts its shadow. In the icy north lies Dragonias, ruled by a mysterious warlord with the power to command dragons. The world watches and waits, fearing the day these dragons might darken the skies. As adventurers, your choices could shape the future of this realm. The Age of Sundered Skies beckons!

This campaign is set in a homebrew world of my own making. I am looking for 3 additional players to come join me on this adventure. I am a long time DM, having DMed D&D 4th edition for many years. Now I plan on a new chapter, in 5th edition, with a campaign of my own making.

For players, I don't want Rules lawers, or people who only love combat and dislike RPing, I want players who will fully engage with the world. I am happy for new players to join, and I'd also want people who are understanding of new players.

The campaign may be mature at times, so please be 18+ when joining. We will have a session 0 where we can discuss themes, or things that you as player would be comfortable/uncomfortable with.

In terms of character creation, I'm flexible with choices in terms of races/classes, as long as it's official material. For stats, I am open to any of the methods, but if you wish to roll you must do so in my presence.

If you're interested, feel free to DM me on here, and then we can talk!

Starcrawler
October 22nd, 2023, 17:47
Now have 3 players, looking for a fourth to join us on this adventure!

ScottyTHESlayer
October 23rd, 2023, 22:14
This looks really interesting but why are you not using voice?

Starcrawler
October 23rd, 2023, 22:21
This looks really interesting but why are you not using voice?

The honest answer is personal preference. Personally I think Text is just as good as voice for RP, and allows just as much detail, and doesn't have the issue of bad mics ect. FG has a fully fledged chat feature, with languages, emotes, OOC, portraits... It really seems a shame not to use it sometimes. All my campaigns have been text only and I've not ran into any issues with it, slow at times perhaps, but it's what I personally prefer :)

Ram Tyr
October 24th, 2023, 15:29
The chat features are great. I still use them when I am in voice games! When I do I frequently get asked how to do what I've done so that the others can do the same. I use the text chat to not speak over someone else, or to make a statement (perhaps a joke or an aside or a reminder) without having to interrupt the ongoing discussion.

I say still, because there was a time when our FG games were text games. (Which is how you end up with such developed text chat... and yes, I've been using FG for THAT long.) Voice was something we moved towards over time as the quality improved, etc. There is a lot to be said for a difference in the 'texture' of a session when it is voiced or text. As with all things it requires different things of the people involved and some will prefer one or the other... but don't be deceived my friends... while voice may be most popular... text still stands proud. If you've never tried it but would like to game I would recommend giving it a shot. You might find you like it... Taking the time to write out your dialogue... the anticipation of seeing the indicator that someone is typing... being able to keep the chat log as a record of the session...

Besides, how else are we really supposed to learn to spell all the words!

Starcrawler
November 11th, 2023, 22:29
Hey all, we did have a full group, but sadly a player had to drop out for personal reasons. So we have a slot open if anyone is interested.

We had session 0 on the 1st, and started the campaign. The players were on a ship that was attacked by a Dragon, causing them to be shipwrecked on a mysterious island shrouded in a mist. Shortly after waking up, the group was ambushed by a number of crab like creatures, and strange elementals.
Next session is this upcoming Wednesday, the 15th.

Let me know if you're interested in joining :)

Starcrawler
November 14th, 2023, 14:07
Still looking for a new player :) Next session is tomorrow.

Bmeesh
November 15th, 2023, 21:06
Are you still looking for players?