PDA

View Full Version : fgu 4.4.4 player tokens now seem to default to darkvision... (5e)

bratch9
October 19th, 2023, 12:18
Hi,

When creating a new character, not using the wizard, and just setting the name... adding to CT and a map. When shared the player can see on the what should/previously was a non-lit black map. ( using the battlemap1 images from FG pack.. )

Normally you needed to add a 'senses' line of darkvision to be able to see anything other than a black map. ( Or add torches/set ambient light.... I had a quick look in the map settings and it still seems to have no ambient light configured or lights... so I would expect it to be black. )

Client can see into map, without 'senses' defined in what should be a non-lit/non-ambient map. ( See no_senses.jpg )

-pete

pindercarl
October 19th, 2023, 15:05
Hi,

When creating a new character, not using the wizard, and just setting the name... adding to CT and a map. When shared the player can see on the what should/previously was a non-lit black map. ( using the battlemap1 images from FG pack.. )

Normally you needed to add a 'senses' line of darkvision to be able to see anything other than a black map. ( Or add torches/set ambient light.... I had a quick look in the map settings and it still seems to have no ambient light configured or lights... so I would expect it to be black. )

Client can see into map, without 'senses' defined in what should be a non-lit/non-ambient map. ( See no_senses.jpg )

-pete

Can you verify that the map has Enable Lighting active? Thanks.

bratch9
October 19th, 2023, 16:22
Can you verify that the map has Enable Lighting active? Thanks.

Not sure what to check for that specific. The FG battlemap1 has no lights defined, and no ambient lighting configured, and during previous test before 4.4.4 every new campaign test + new character with no senses defined started as a black map until adding a light or a senses to the character. I did not see any updates to the fg battlemap module, so I'm sure it has no lighting defined.

Is this 'enable' a new thing for FGU 4.4.4 just released, and if so what location is it in the map/image edit section ?

Thanks, Pete

pindercarl
October 19th, 2023, 16:47
Not sure what to check for that specific. The FG battlemap1 has no lights defined, and no ambient lighting configured, and during previous test before 4.4.4 every new campaign test + new character with no senses defined started as a black map until adding a light or a senses to the character. I did not see any updates to the fg battlemap module, so I'm sure it has no lighting defined.

Is this 'enable' a new thing for FGU 4.4.4 just released, and if so what location is it in the map/image edit section ?

Thanks, Pete

To enable lighting: 1) Unlock the image. 2) In the Play panel, click "Enable/Disable Lighting" to toggle the state of lighting for the image.

This isn't a new setting. When creating an image from the assets in FG Battlemaps, lighting is off by default as these maps do not contain any lights.

bratch9
October 19th, 2023, 20:47
To enable lighting: 1) Unlock the image. 2) In the Play panel, click "Enable/Disable Lighting" to toggle the state of lighting for the image.

This isn't a new setting. When creating an image from the assets in FG Battlemaps, lighting is off by default as these maps do not contain any lights.

Thanks this clears it up for this map.

-pete