PDA

View Full Version : new update / fx layer does not work

Waldbaer
October 18th, 2023, 12:01
Hi,

while integrating a map into a self made module for private usage, it has been obvious that with the new installed update the fx layer seems broken somehow or maybe changed in using it. I am on today's update version 4.4.4 (build ID 8694348/FGU: v4.4.4 ULTIMATE (2023-10-17) // OS: Windows 11 (10.0.22621) 64bit).

Below you find a picture of parts of the map where I wanted to affect the blue stream with a water fx layer. Unfortunately whatever I do, hide/unhide, restart the program, create the layer using painting as a mask, etc. ...
I do not have any modules active besides "Author".

Would you have an idea what I could do to repair? A different module that I made yesterday (before the update) worked fine...

Thanks in advance!

pindercarl
October 18th, 2023, 13:11
Can you provide a copy of the module?

Waldbaer
October 18th, 2023, 14:31
I could PM it to you if you agree - because it should remain private use. I did make it from protected content.

pindercarl
October 18th, 2023, 14:34
I could PM it to you if you agree - because it should remain private use. I did make it from protected content.

That's sounds good.

Waldbaer
October 18th, 2023, 14:42
on the way...please let me know :)

pindercarl
October 18th, 2023, 15:00
I got the module. Thanks.

When line-of-sight or lighting are enabled, FX layers are restricted to the visible areas. With no token on the map, there are no "visible" areas. I'm looking at addressing this now. In the meantime, adding a token to the map should make your FX layers visible (when seen by the token). Please let me know whether that works for you so I can determine if there are additional bugs.

Thanks again.

Waldbaer
October 18th, 2023, 16:04
I got the module. Thanks.

When line-of-sight or lighting are enabled, FX layers are restricted to the visible areas. With no token on the map, there are no "visible" areas. I'm looking at addressing this now. In the meantime, adding a token to the map should make your FX layers visible (when seen by the token). Please let me know whether that works for you so I can determine if there are additional bugs.

Thanks again.

You are my personal hero ... now it works by turning it off and absolutely no issue to add the fx and then turn it on again. Guess I would need to change my worflow for a module a bit and do fx before lights & walls :)

Thanks a lot and have a great day!

pindercarl
October 18th, 2023, 16:08
The issue has been corrected and should be available in the next update.

Waldbaer
October 18th, 2023, 16:13
When line-of-sight or lighting are enabled, ...

It seems to be only LOS, just FYI.