PDA

View Full Version : Mobile App Available or at least plan to be released soon?

JaymzLuke
October 18th, 2023, 01:21
I saw on reddit so that doesn't make it true, but it stated a mobile app was coming for Fantasy Grounds and at least would start out as a module reader. Is there any update on this? Have been debating switching to DnD Beyond just for that functionality but have used Unity for a long time now so would like to stick with it but I can't justify paying for physical copies and then digital copies on two different software. If this is posted somewhere else please point me in the right direction. I used the search function for "mobile" and "mobile app" but it didn't return anything related to what I am asking. Thanks in advance for any insight on this.

Link to reddit post https://www.reddit.com/r/FantasyGrounds/comments/z5nc3f/official_fg_mobile_app_is_under_development/

Moon Wizard
October 18th, 2023, 01:47
It's something that's in development; but we have no concrete time frame currently. It would not be available this year; and likely not available until Q2/Q3 2024. I hesitate to state a date, because we are still working out what it will look like and how it will work. We hope it will go faster as we work through items; but it is also a new platform for us (iOS/Android).

Regards,
JPG

JaymzLuke
October 18th, 2023, 02:05
Awesome thanks for the heads up. I will hold off then for making the switch love fantasy grounds and the work you all do. Thank you!

Morenu
October 18th, 2023, 05:33
Pff I bet you could get some free coding from the community to speed it up some. LOL I look forward to it

Fuffelschmertz
October 19th, 2023, 15:16
I'm waiting for the module reader as well. I hope I will also be able to read my own exported/imported modules!
It will be a great selling point, I'm sure.

Nylanfs
October 19th, 2023, 19:02
Yea, having a module reader as the first release makes a lot of sense to me.

anstett
October 21st, 2023, 19:21
Just to highlight that YES to a module reader.

Bronaca
November 9th, 2023, 02:00
I saw on reddit so that doesn't make it true, but it stated a mobile app was coming for Fantasy Grounds and at least would start out as a module reader. Is there any update on this? Have been debating switching to DnD Beyond just for that functionality but have used Unity for a long time now so would like to stick with it but I can't justify paying for physical copies and then digital copies on two different software. If this is posted somewhere else please point me in the right direction. I used the search function for "mobile" and "mobile app" but it didn't return anything related to what I am asking. Thanks in advance for any insight on this.

Link to reddit post https://www.reddit.com/r/FantasyGrounds/comments/z5nc3f/official_fg_mobile_app_is_under_development/ just fall (https://just-fall.com)

I follow the official Fantasy Grounds website, forums, social media channels or official newsletters and I see that updates are taking a long time.

Moon Wizard
November 9th, 2023, 02:09
Yes, we’re still in the development phase. There were some curve balls once we added iOS into the mix. We’ll announce something when we have a better handle on when/what we will be delivering.

JPG