PDA

View Full Version : After updating to latest version of Fantasy Grounds campaign won't load

IcarusWaxenWings
October 17th, 2023, 22:25
I started Fantasy Grounds today and saw their was an update, so updated to the latest version. Went to open a campaign that I was using for building a module where I keep common monsters. After loading the campaign nothing none of the modules that I had loaded with this campaign, and all of the NPCs that I had created, are gone. I checked the db.xml file and can see the information in the file but it doesn't appear to be getting loaded. Any ideas on what the problem is?

Trenloe
October 17th, 2023, 22:36
Welcome to the FG forums. Sorry you're having issues.

Please provide a screenshot of the directory of the campaign in question in file explorer, showing the details of the files - including date and size.

IcarusWaxenWings
October 17th, 2023, 23:12
I have hopefully attached the file to this message.

IcarusWaxenWings
October 17th, 2023, 23:41
Here is the campaign directory files in case that is needed.

xXGhostDogg420Xx
October 18th, 2023, 00:19
I am also having this problem after downloading today's update. The campaign I've been running appears in the list of games I can load, but doing so creates a new totally blank campaign instead of loading it.
In the campaigns folder, my campaign is still there with all its data and assets, but Fantasy Grounds won't load it anymore.

Moon Wizard
October 18th, 2023, 02:52
@IcarusWaxenWings,
It's the period in the campaign folder name. If you rename the folder to "D&D 5E - Common Beasts Items and Spells", it should work fine again for now. I need to investigate the file encoding to see what i can do to handle the "period" case and why it was changed in our code.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
October 18th, 2023, 03:13
I just pushed a new build that should address this issue. You can run a new Check for Updates, and see if that works for you.

If you ended up with another campaign with a similar name but "%2E" instead of a period, just get rid of that one.

Regards,
JPG