PDA

View Full Version : grenade mechanics in FGU

Immelmann
October 11th, 2023, 11:52
last nite was a molotov lobbing contest. the rules in the book are is vague as the reference manual in FGU.

when tossing a molly, you do not have to choose a target, but just a point you wish it to land. on success of test it lands and effects all characters in the zone, or 30' if using grid based, via the blast effect.

here is where we were all having an issue. now we must roll damage to the 4 targets in the blast zone. are all 4 targets selected and 1 set of damage dice rolled? or a set of dmg dice for each victim?

in the case of mollies, they are persistent. how do we add that to characters?

danke

Moon Wizard
October 11th, 2023, 16:29
Personally, if I had set up the rule, I would roll a single damage roll to keep play flowing faster at the table.
From the book, it seems like that is the intent from this statement: "If you succeed, every creature (and other damageable target) in that zone suffers the weapon’s damage."

If you wanted deeper clarification, it seems like a question for the Fallout 2d20 publisher forums to clarify single damage roll vs. individual damage rolls for Blast weapons.

Regards,
JPG

Immelmann
October 12th, 2023, 10:43
Personally, if I had set up the rule, I would roll a single damage roll to keep play flowing faster at the table.
From the book, it seems like that is the intent from this statement: "If you succeed, every creature (and other damageable target) in that zone suffers the weapon’s damage."

If you wanted deeper clarification, it seems like a question for the Fallout 2d20 publisher forums to clarify single damage roll vs. individual damage rolls for Blast weapons.

Regards,
JPG

thanx.

any one know how to apply Persistent to characters in FGU?

Zacchaeus
October 12th, 2023, 11:31
According to the wiki there is a PERSISTENT effect which applies persistent damage https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/2054684690/Fallout+2d20+Base+Effects

Immelmann
October 14th, 2023, 11:38
According to the wiki there is a PERSISTENT effect which applies persistent damage https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/2054684690/Fallout+2d20+Base+Effects

you did NOT answer the question. try reading again.

any one know how to add persistent in FGU?

Trenloe
October 14th, 2023, 12:14
you did NOT answer the question. try reading again.

any one know how to add persistent in FGU?
You asked how to apply "persistent" to characters in FGU. Zaccchaeus pointed you to details of the "persistent" effect in the Wiki, which details the persistent damage effect which can be applied to either a character or an NPC in FGU - most people would think this was what you were talking about and reading "any one know how to apply Persistent to characters in FGU?" again would come up with the same conclusion.

If this is not the correct answer for you, then you did NOT ask a specific enough question. Instead of rudely telling people to "try reading again" why don't you try asking again, with details of what you're actually referring to?