PDA

View Full Version : Three questions, one for Moon Wizard

Destan
February 14th, 2008, 02:32
Hi all -

(1) I'd like to enable PCs to "whisper" to other PCs instead of only the GM. I'd like the GM to get the text of any whispers, whether they're directed to him or not. Has this been done? Can it (easily) be done?

(2) I use the little tweak Joshua put up that puts PC images next to their next in the chatbox. Is there any way to get an image (either a flexible one or a set one) to represent the GM when he talks? The GM gets no love.

(3) Mainly for Moon_wizard if he's around: I love your mod. I also love Dachanien and nezzir's "thebox" mod. I can't get both of them to play well together. Have you happened to try/use thebox and, if so, were you able to get it to work with your mod? (Thebox allows players to roll dice but *not* see the result; only the GM sees the result. Very handy little tool!)

Thanks all!

D

Moon Wizard
February 15th, 2008, 22:09
For number 3, I found a minor bug that I introduced in the new ruleset where the command "/die d6+0" causes an error. It will be fixed in the update that I plan to put out next week. I just want to run through a session with my group before I publish.

For now, you can patch by changing this line in chatmanager.lua:

local numdie = math.abs(tonumber(string.sub(clause, 1, i-1)));

to:

local numdie = tonumber(string.sub(clause, 1, i-1));
if not numdie then
numdie = 1;
end
numdie = math.abs(numdie);

Cheers,
JPG

Dachannien
February 16th, 2008, 17:44
If you could point me toward the thread where Moon_wizard releases the mod you're talking about, I could take a look to see if there's any way to make it work with my Thebox mod :)

Destan
February 17th, 2008, 03:29
Thanks Dach, tho moon did mention a fix (that I haven't tried yet). I really like his mod, and I really like thebox. I'd love for those puppies to work together.

here's the link:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7779

Dachannien
February 17th, 2008, 09:46
Okay, I know what the issue is. My Thebox script takes the dice dropped on the box as they are listed in the draginfo die list (an internal function of FG). If you drop a d20 on the box, the die list has one entry that reads "d20", and if you drop two d20s, the list has two entries that each read "d20". The script then concatenates all of the die list entries into a list with plus signs between (so two d20s become "d20+d20"). That gets dispatched as a chat message to the host, which intercepts it and uses the chat message as a die string (essentially using the same handler that the /die command uses).

As mentioned in Moon_wizard's post above, the old version of his ruleset choked on /die strings where no quantity was specified, and his fix should take care of it. :)

Destan
February 17th, 2008, 16:52
Awesome. Thanks to you both. Great work.

[Edit: It worked like a charm.]