PDA

View Full Version : GM Action Point Pool

Immelmann
September 30th, 2023, 12:28
is the a way to hide the GM action point pool from the players? i really do not like having them know how many i have. danke.

superteddy57
September 30th, 2023, 13:15
No, there is no way to hide the GM Action Pool. I don't remember seeing anywhere in the rules that the pool should be kept secret. If you can show me where in the rules it allows it, I will add it to my list of expansions for the ruleset.

Immelmann
September 30th, 2023, 14:58
since when is it ok to see the GM's assets?

i do not yet own the 426pg rule book.

Immelmann
October 1st, 2023, 07:56
No, there is no way to hide the GM Action Pool. I don't remember seeing anywhere in the rules that the pool should be kept secret. If you can show me where in the rules it allows it, I will add it to my list of expansions for the ruleset.

so i talked with one the players, who has the hard copy of the rules. yes, there is no mention of hiding the GM AP pool, but there is also no mention of making it visable either. it is assumed that the GM, during paper and pencil play, that they keep that info hidden behind the GM screen. so how about putting in the campaign options window, and option to hide GM AP points?

the players in our game all agree, they should not be able to see the GM's AP pool.

peace.

superteddy57
October 1st, 2023, 08:03
Ok, will consider it the next time the ruleset gets an expansion.

Immelmann
October 1st, 2023, 09:04
ok, will consider it the next time the ruleset gets an expansion.

danke.

for now, going to keep it at 0 in FGU and keep track the old fashion way. P&P.

Ryuson
October 4th, 2023, 02:26
I’d prefer both options of hiding it or not. Personally, I don’t mind them seeing how many AP is in the GM Pool as I know some players will take that into account (which I support).

Urqy
October 8th, 2023, 00:32
I’d prefer both options of hiding it or not. Personally, I don’t mind them seeing how many AP is in the GM Pool as I know some players will take that into account (which I support).

It's actually intended that the GM Action Point Pool is in the open, but GM's can hide it if they wish.

From Nathan on the Modiphius Staff: "The intention is that the GM’s AP pool (like the Threat pool in other 2d20 System games) is visible to the players, but GMs are welcome to play it hidden if they wish. Personally, I find that the visible presence of it helps provide an extra rise and fall of tension as the pool grows and shrinks (though letting it get too big can put the players on the defensive)."

superteddy57
October 8th, 2023, 04:06
It's on my list of things to look over when I circle back to the 2d20 systems. If I enable it for one, it will be available in the others.

Immelmann
October 10th, 2023, 19:24
It's actually intended that the GM Action Point Pool is in the open, but GM's can hide it if they wish.

From Nathan on the Modiphius Staff: "The intention is that the GM’s AP pool (like the Threat pool in other 2d20 System games) is visible to the players, but GMs are welcome to play it hidden if they wish. Personally, I find that the visible presence of it helps provide an extra rise and fall of tension as the pool grows and shrinks (though letting it get too big can put the players on the defensive)."

as a GM, i generally keep my AP pool low. i use other methods, such as Aggressive, to give myself APs, or even give NPCs their own AP pool. THIS is mainly why i want my GM AP pool invisible.