View Full Version : LFP Fridays EST 7:00 p.m. Vaesen

spoofer
September 30th, 2023, 05:06
FG License: Ultimate
Game System: Vaesen
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Time: weekly, Friday at 7:00 p.m. for 2.5 hours
Planned start date: November, 2023
Text or Voice: Voice (Discord), English but do not mind if it is your second language. No video, no recording, and no streaming.

We are currently a group of four older people who have played a lot of different games in FG over the years such as D&D, ALIEN, Shadow of the Demon Lord, and Rolemster. Vaesen is next. We have gradually come to know each other, and like to chat a little bit about real life. We are all easy-going and no one ever argues about rules. (We have zero tolerance for that.) Actual role playing / voice acting does happen (and it is much enjoyed) but it is limited, since we are a bit shy.
We are looking for someone who fits in and who has a decent voice connection without background noise (i.e., feedback, television in the background, poor internet connection causing broken voice, etc.).
Vaesen is "Ghost Busters" in the nineteenth century. It is a rules-light, and there is an expectation that you do not die (you get ongoing injuries instead of dying). No experience needed. After we play Vaesen for a camapign or two, we will move on to a new system.
If you are interested, send me a PM in Discord.

EDIT: We completed a Vaesen adventure. We like it and I am considering converting and running the mega campaign Masks of Nyarlathotep in Vaesen. Note that one big difference is that Vaesen takes a PCs are heroes approach instead of PCs are going to die approach of CoC. Otherwise, the theme, etc., of the games is close enough that it should work well.

spoofer
September 30th, 2023, 05:10
Previous players are now busy with real life so we are now looking for more players.

spoofer
November 30th, 2023, 09:41
Looking for a player.

spoofer
December 21st, 2023, 21:11
Still looking.

spoofer
December 23rd, 2023, 01:55
Due to a lack of people joining, we decided to throw in the towel and kill the campaign. We are switching to different rule system in hopes that it will be more popular.

spoofer
December 31st, 2023, 13:42
And now we have enough players for that other system! Yeah! It was getting lonely.