PDA

View Full Version : How fast is "fast"?

Grimbold11
September 29th, 2023, 01:49
I have a monk in my game that throw shurikens. Throwing a weapon takes between 30-60% so assuming the monk makes a successful Quickdraw skill check, can she make two throwing attacks with a -10 penalty in a round? I know the rules say one melee attack per turn but I don't see anything preventing multiple throwing attacks. At high levels I'm worried about three throwing attacks at a -30 penalty per turn. It's certainly not the end of the world either way but I'm curious how others would handle that. Thoughts?

Majyk
September 29th, 2023, 06:46
Yup.

Throwing ranges means one is fairly close to melee action. Fraidy cat Monks are the best to swarm!

No movement is the trade-off for doing this, so close in on the pants-pissing Monk facing the last person they attacked, and make sure the foes move to the Flank/Rear before attacking.

This gets rid of pesky Adrenal Defence DB per the rules, too. ;)

+++

Quickdraw allows readying 2 weapons at Very Hard(-20), unless they’re both 1HS/1HE at Hard(-10).
So remember that if the Monk starts combat without anything in their hands at all, they’re more prone to not making it.

Otherwise, Partial Success means normal negative mods for drawing a weapon, while a Failure actually drops the weapon. Then picking stuff off the ground is even more expensive…

That said, don’t forget when a player cracks open P’s Box, the GM gets to reciprocate in kind! Show ‘em what a true throwing legend looks like after a few sessions of him/her/them giving it a try and smile at the pending groans and evil eyes thrown the Monk Player’s way.

I have a monk in my game that throw shurikens. Throwing a weapon takes between 30-60% so assuming the monk makes a successful Quickdraw skill check, can she make two throwing attacks with a -10 penalty in a round? I know the rules say one melee attack per turn but I don't see anything preventing multiple throwing attacks. At high levels I'm worried about three throwing attacks at a -30 penalty per turn. It's certainly not the end of the world either way but I'm curious how others would handle that. Thoughts?

Grimbold11
September 29th, 2023, 23:07
Last night a new player joined our group and he somehow started with a light crossbow that only needs 10% activity to load. I might have to stab him for it!

Majyk
September 30th, 2023, 07:16
Fire attacks. Now. ;D

How did that even get created?
If random roll, kudos!