PDA

View Full Version : Blood Dice announced as part of the Werewolf Kickstarter

ddavison
September 27th, 2023, 21:05
Werewolf: The Apocalypse for Fantasy Grounds Kickstarter (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/smiteworks/werewolf-the-apocalypse-fifth-edition-for-fantasy-grounds?ref=1scjzv)

We are shooting for a release on October 25th, with KS backers getting access a few days ahead of official release. It might be 25th for KS backers and 28th for public.

Here is a preview work in progress for one of the variations.
M__HJCMAJRE

We expect the pack will have light and dark version faces with different combinations of impact splatter, trail, and swirling blood magic effects. There will be a colorable version of those as well so you can potentially use them to represent other liquid types.

LordEntrails
September 27th, 2023, 21:11
lol, that is so 'Werewolf"!

Dudin
September 27th, 2023, 21:15
Neat! Looking forward to the release.

ValerionWolf
September 28th, 2023, 14:30
*sigh* I don't have money right now for the Werewolf Kickstarter, so I'll have to buy the books later in the year. But I will add the dice to the top of my list. These are awesome.

ElusivePanda
September 28th, 2023, 16:28
I'm not a Werewolf or Vtm player, but I love the design of those dice set.

Is it possible to purchase the dices separately from the entire package ?

Thanks !

Trenloe
September 28th, 2023, 16:32
Is it possible to purchase the dices separately from the entire package ?
Welcome to the FG forums!

As mentioned in post #1, KS backers get access three days before the general public. So you'll be able to buy these the same as other dice packs in the store (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/?sys=-1&pub=-1&typ=17&search=&sort=1)

ddavison
September 28th, 2023, 16:46
You can also pledge $5 for the KS and choose it as an add-on at the completion of the campaign.

Klandare
September 29th, 2023, 23:56
The dice pack will be for all dice denominations right? The video looks to just be d10 and I thought that Werewolf just used d6.

Just want to make sure that if using in D&D 5E that I can have it for all the dice.

superteddy57
September 30th, 2023, 01:08
The skin would be applied to all available physical dice.

BaneTBC
October 2nd, 2023, 22:18
So I'm a little torn on this, I would back for just the Blood Dice, but then SW will receive less of the funds, as KS will take their bite of it. Unfortunately, WoD isn't my thing, so not backing it myself although have passed it along to a few friends that really like that setting. So I could easily put $5 into the KS, but I'd rather SmiteWorks gets the entire $$ amount.

LordEntrails
October 2nd, 2023, 22:19
You can wait 3 days and get the dice through the FG store.

BaneTBC
October 2nd, 2023, 22:23
That's my intent. I want to see the KS as successful as possible, but I like SW getting their own profit versus KS leeching off a bit more (it is what it is, not knocking KS just want to support the company directly that I have the most vested interest in).

ddavison
October 2nd, 2023, 22:29
So I'm a little torn on this, I would back for just the Blood Dice, but then SW will receive less of the funds, as KS will take their bite of it. Unfortunately, WoD isn't my thing, so not backing it myself although have passed it along to a few friends that really like that setting. So I could easily put $5 into the KS, but I'd rather SmiteWorks gets the entire $$ amount.

It's okay either way. We always appreciate the support in whatever way makes sense for you.

Jiminimonka
October 19th, 2023, 20:57
When do the dice land for Kickstarter backers, because I have the ruleset and the ultimate licence (gifted) but the dice option is Store only for moi.

EDIT: 25th? As first post says?

ddavison
October 19th, 2023, 21:34
Our intention was for the dice to be redeemable immediately by backers.

1. Did you get an activation key for the SWKBLOODDICE?
2. Were you able to use the activation key to have the SWKBLOODDICE added to your account?

It looks like people were able to add these to their accounts if they chose that add-on or a reward tier that had that as part of their reward level pledge.

Jiminimonka
October 19th, 2023, 21:58
Our intention was for the dice to be redeemable immediately by backers.

1. Did you get an activation key for the SWKBLOODDICE?
2. Were you able to use the activation key to have the SWKBLOODDICE added to your account?

It looks like people were able to add these to their accounts if they chose that add-on or a reward tier that had that as part of their reward level pledge.

Doesn't appear so, I got the Ultimate Licence version ($165).

EDIT: OK - looks like I didn't get the dice addon, should not use Kickstarter on a mobile phone ;)

Nylanfs
October 20th, 2023, 12:54
Just keep throwing money at Doug, that will probably work to get the dice. :D

ValerionWolf
October 25th, 2023, 06:45
I just saw the Blood Dice have been added to the store. Thanks a lot :)
One thing, though. I see that on the store it is listed as part of the dice pack bundle (makes it easy to find all the dice), but on Steam it is not.

TheSimpleDM
October 25th, 2023, 13:04
I just saw the Blood Dice have been added to the store. Thanks a lot :)
One thing, though. I see that on the store it is listed as part of the dice pack bundle (makes it easy to find all the dice), but on Steam it is not.

Blood Dice Pack has been Added to the DICE PACK BUNDLE on STEAM. Thank You.