PDA

View Full Version : Planning a Shadowdark campaign, Looking for interested players

Ahoggya
September 27th, 2023, 08:03
FG License: Unlimited license, only need demo version
Game System: Shadowdark

Time Zone: I'm in PST but time of day is not an issue
Day of week and time: Wednesday, 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Start date: October 18th, Wensday
Planned Duration & Frequency: Bi-Weekly.
Term: Long term. Looking to venture through a very large dungeon

Text or Voice: Voice
Main Language used: English
Voice software used:Discord
Will this be recorded? No

Recruiting Calendar: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=6658

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50 or as campaign develops. Story is the game after all.
Number of Players in game & needed: 4-6 players, 0 so for
Character starting level & equipment: 1st level. Backup characters for gritty game style of Shadowdark
Character restrictions: As RAW (Rules as Written). Classes from Cursed Scroll issues also used.
In Shadowdark, no one has darkvision.

I have been using FG for about 10 years, GM'ing for much longer. I allow characters to try anything they want,
but let them know what risk they are taking if any.

QClectic
September 27th, 2023, 22:30
I would be interested. I have mostly played 5e and Pathfinder 1E.

Phithis
September 28th, 2023, 00:32
Hmm...I'd give it a try. I'm checking out the quickstart rules.

Ahoggya
September 28th, 2023, 02:31
Great. I'll keep you updated on start date.

Glorwin
September 28th, 2023, 03:06
Keeping an eye on this game, any idea what day/ time you might start??

AFNick12
September 28th, 2023, 16:25
Would love to join, only available on Thursdays though. Experienced player, been using FG for a long time. Can teach others if needed.

Ahoggya
September 29th, 2023, 03:27
PM me for the days and times you all are available. I'm free most of the time since I can work when I want to.

ZorokTheKobold
October 1st, 2023, 19:06
I would also be interested but I know only how to play D&D 5e and I have no idea what Shadowdark is... I'd give it a try though, and thursday is fine for me. I'm free only in the afternoon (16:30-20:30 GMT+2). How are characters built in this game?

qareemm
October 1st, 2023, 22:14
i am interested, but i am new.
https://discordapp.com/users/606208733789421579

Ahoggya
October 2nd, 2023, 07:59
It's the same attributes as 5e except you roll them from Strength to Charisma, 3d6 only. Your time though would make you available 6 am to 10 am my time. I don't know if I can find any other players for that time.

Ahoggya
October 2nd, 2023, 08:01
What times are you available? Have you used FG before? Any roleplaying experience?

ZorokTheKobold
October 2nd, 2023, 09:50
Ok, I don't want to cause problems. Have fun playing!

ZorokTheKobold
October 2nd, 2023, 09:51
Oh wait I think I wrote in the wrong chat

Ahoggya
October 3rd, 2023, 03:02
Decided on Wednsday for the day. Game time can start at anytime from 12 noon to 8pm depending on players availability. Game will run from 3-4 hours.

Poe the Homunculus
October 3rd, 2023, 05:27
Weekly or bi-weekly? I have really enjoyed the game a lot.

Ahoggya
October 3rd, 2023, 06:21
Weekly or bi-weekly? I have really enjoyed the game a lot.

Weekly. I'm hoping I at least have 3 or 4 players by the 18th. Poe, what hours are you available?

Poe the Homunculus
October 3rd, 2023, 19:16
I would only be available bi-weekly, unfortunately. But it could be any time after 5 pm MST (-7 GST).

Ahoggya
October 3rd, 2023, 22:09
I possibly change it to Bi-weekly. That might be best now that I think of it. I adjusted the game parameters to Bi-weekly running on Wednesday 5:30 to 8:30 pm

Ahoggya
October 4th, 2023, 21:15
Here is a link to the FREE Quickstart rules for Shadowdark. https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/413713/Shadowdark-RPG-Quickstart-Set We will be using the Official rules, but this will give you an idea of the game mechanics.

Exor Dargon
October 7th, 2023, 04:32
I would like to give this a shot. I played old school back in the early 90's and would like to get back into it. I have limited experience with 5e and FG as I have just purchased it and wanting to start my first adventure and have fun with some great ppl. Let me know what you would like me to do to be ready. I have already started reasearching Shadowdark and like what im seeing.

Ahoggya
October 7th, 2023, 06:05
I would only be available bi-weekly, unfortunately. But it could be any time after 5 pm MST (-7 GST).

If the 18th of Oct. ok to start the Bi-weekly?

Ahoggya
October 7th, 2023, 06:14
One question before I setup a calendar entry is, do any who want to play want to start with zero level characters (several) in a Guantlet? You start with 3-4 villagers of no class, just an occupation. You end up playing a villager that survives, choosing a class based on your stats. OR We can just choose a race and class and start at 1st level. What say gallant adventurers?

Ahoggya
October 7th, 2023, 06:17
I would like to give this a shot. I played old school back in the early 90's and would like to get back into it. I have limited experience with 5e and FG as I have just purchased it and wanting to start my first adventure and have fun with some great ppl. Let me know what you would like me to do to be ready. I have already started reasearching Shadowdark and like what im seeing.

It takes little time to create a character. I posted a question about how to start as an option. When I get that question of method to start, then you can sign in on the Recruiting Calendar (soon to exist).

Exor Dargon
October 7th, 2023, 08:08
One question before I setup a calendar entry is, do any who want to play want to start with zero level characters (several) in a Guantlet? You start with 3-4 villagers of no class, just an occupation. You end up playing a villager that survives, choosing a class based on your stats. OR We can just choose a race and class and start at 1st level. What say gallant adventurers?

I haven't done this before but I understand the concept and am fine with it. A village is attacked by " " etc... Shadowdark makes creating a few characters pretty fast and easy so I dont see why we couldn't make several and let the dice roll...

Ahoggya
October 8th, 2023, 00:39
So I have added a link to the Calendar here.https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=6658&edit=on

BOBBY BLOOD
October 10th, 2023, 02:35
I am interested if you have availability ??
I am on west coast time as well so this is ideal
your link says 530 AM ... is that a mistake ???

Poe the Homunculus
October 10th, 2023, 04:23
Sorry, I seemed to drop off this thread. My life has been nuts busy.
I will be out traveling on October 18. My work is sending me to Canada for a month-ish to work, and I will not be back until November 8 :P :P :P :(
I would 110% love to play, but if you want to start another time and play, I am happy to either join later or miss this round.

Sorry!!

Ahoggya
October 11th, 2023, 02:12
You can join in when you return.

Ahoggya
October 16th, 2023, 18:07
Bump Up.