PDA

View Full Version : Subscription

nightwish
September 21st, 2023, 16:45
Why is it impossible to cancel your subscription? I have to resort to submitting a ticket for a cancelation? It's 2023, get it together.

LordEntrails
September 21st, 2023, 16:52
Cancellation is handled by PayPal. You need to log into your PayPal account and cancel it. If you purchased it as a guest and did not use a PayPal account, then PayPal has no way of knowing who you are and cancelling. In that case you have to go through Customer Support as PayPal does not provide an API to allow SmiteWorks to automate the process.

edit: see Doug's response, it includes instructions on how to cancel via the FG Order History page.

ddavison
September 21st, 2023, 18:50
Nighwish, you can cancel your subscription by going to the Store > Order History page and clicking on Cancel next to your subscription. You can also cancel directly from PayPal. If you have any difficulty with that, you can contact support.fantasygrounds.com and they can assist you.

gaara6666
September 22nd, 2023, 17:41
Doug thank you for the solution. Had a player ask about it as a potential GM and when I told him hesaid he was shocked he didnt think of such an obvious solution. Much appreciated.

ddavison
September 22nd, 2023, 18:32
No problem.

Nylanfs
September 23rd, 2023, 19:29
Remember the Paypal system will cancel the sub the instant you hit cancel, not when the sub runs out. So make sure you are close to the end of the sub running out before canceling.

seycyrus
September 24th, 2023, 01:08
Why is it impossible to cancel your subscription? I have to resort to submitting a ticket for a cancelation? It's 2023, get it together.

All the information provided by the kind respondents makes me wonder what exactly you tried? Crossing your fingers and wishing out loud?

LordEntrails
September 24th, 2023, 01:26
Closing this thread, the OP has received the information they need. They can reach out to support directly if they desire more engagement.