PDA

View Full Version : Monk Stunning Strike

Kent3205
September 20th, 2023, 04:01
Hi all

Apologies if this has been covered previously. (I did search but couldn’t fine anything.)

I have a player playing a monk, and who uses Stunning Strike.

Starting at 5th level, you can interfere with the flow of ki in an opponent's body. When you hit another creature with a melee weapon attack, you can spend 1 ki point to attempt a stunning strike. The target must succeed on a Constitution saving throw or be stunned until the end of your next turn.

My question relates to the target being stunned “until the end of your next turn”. I have interpreted “your” to mean the player, however Fantasy Grounds appears to only apply it for a duration of 1 round. Hence the question is how do I get FGU to apply until the end of the players next turn?

Thanks

LordEntrails
September 20th, 2023, 05:24
FG will apply the effect for one round with termination at the same initiative count. So if you use static initiative (which is default RAW), it will end at the start of the init count on the next round. You can manually change the count in the CT, but I personally don't bother, but we use a dynamic initiative (re-roll). Pretty sure there are one or more Forge extensions that change the default behavior, but not sure which one(s).

rhagelstrom
September 20th, 2023, 13:56
You can get FG to behave like you want with Better Combat Effects Extension. Set the power up as follows

Kent3205
September 26th, 2023, 00:46
Thank you both. I will try these approaches.

Cheers