PDA

View Full Version : Transferring Campaigns to Fresh Install of FGU on a new Windows 10 PC

firvulag
September 18th, 2023, 03:09
Sorry because this seems like it should be simple from what I'm reading.

I Installed a new fresh version of FGU on to my new Windows 10 PC.

I then took the entire contents of Fantasy Grounds Folder from my old PC using a thumb drive. (the folder that was in App Data/Roaming/ etc etc )

Saved that to the Desktop of the new PC

I then ran and updated the new FGU on the new computer (did the update, then logged in using my profile info and entered the key for the license).

During this process I used the default location for the data (app data/roaming.....it's' in the screenshot)
I then took the "Campaigns" folder from the saved thumb drive and copied it into the "Fantasy Grounds" folder in the app data/roaming/smiteworks....etc etc

Shut down FGU then restarted it

At that point everthing looks great when FGU launches (it even acknowledges that I have campaigns to "load"...as opposed to that button being greyed out)

But when I choose the campaign it locks up (see logs and screenshot attached)

I have no clue what I'm doing wrong.

Any help is appreciated!!!

(Oh and FGU still works fine on the old PC....I can pull up the exact same campaign and it opens just fine with no issues--so I know I screwed something up in the transfer)

Moon Wizard
September 18th, 2023, 04:16
You'll need to use the Compile Logs button; and provide the ZIP file containing the logs so we can review the error messages.

After that, depending on what I find, we may need more files, or perhaps I can suggest some edits to the data.

As an intermediate step, you might try deleting the cache, extensions, modules, rulesets and vault subfolders on your new installation; and having FG run a new Check for Updates to rebuild all the files. Then, you can see if you still have the issue before you send in your logs.

Regards,
JPG

firvulag
September 18th, 2023, 06:51
You'll need to use the Compile Logs button; and provide the ZIP file containing the logs so we can review the error messages.

After that, depending on what I find, we may need more files, or perhaps I can suggest some edits to the data.

As an intermediate step, you might try deleting the cache, extensions, modules, rulesets and vault subfolders on your new installation; and having FG run a new Check for Updates to rebuild all the files. Then, you can see if you still have the issue before you send in your logs.

Regards,
JPG

Thank you for the reply. But didn't I include the zipped up files? I'm not trying to be obtuse, but I thought the attached files WERE the compiled logs!!! If not then I'm misunderstanding what I'm supposed to do.

Trenloe
September 18th, 2023, 07:21
You're encountering the error discussed in this Wiki article: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/1667760130/ONLOAD+System.DllNotFoundException+lua5.1+Error Follow the instructions in the article the fix the issue.

firvulag
September 18th, 2023, 15:51
You're encountering the error discussed in this Wiki article: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/1667760130/ONLOAD+System.DllNotFoundException+lua5.1+Error Follow the instructions in the article the fix the issue.

Thank you so much.....working on it now!!! Funny thing is, when installing FGU, it did ask me if I wanted to install the C++ stuff and I said yes....it then errored, said it couldn't do it and then went on to install FGU anyway.✌

EDIT: That definintely fixed it. Thanks Trenloe!!! Everything's working great now!!!