PDA

View Full Version : Targeting others on map does not add in CT

Farnaby
September 17th, 2023, 05:42
Okay, so first up due to various holidays I haven't touched FGU in roughly 4 weeks.

I moved from the TEST channel to the LIVE channel, ran the update and converted PCs.
My players then corrected stuff to correspond to the TEST versions (Inventory, Skills, etc.)

A huge problem is that when I or my players CTRL-click on anything in the map it doesn't show up as targeted in the CT.
Did this change?
I couldn't find anything in the patch notes.
I haven't added any new extensions but I will test later today without any.

Trenloe
September 17th, 2023, 09:34
Nothing's changed with respect to the base FG targeting. Remember to select the source first (left-click) then CTRL+left-click on the target.

Moon Wizard
September 17th, 2023, 22:59
This is the way it is supposed to work (and how it worked when I just tested in CoreRPG):

For the GM, Control-click targeting is applied to the selected token, or if no tokens selected, it is applied to the "active" combatant in the combat tracker.
For the player, control-click targeting is applied to any owned and selected tokens; or if no tokens selected, it is applied to the "active" PC, if they are in the combat tracker.

Regards,
JPG

muzouka
September 18th, 2023, 01:54
Hi. I'm one of Farnaby's players. To clarify what happened: We were in combat and I had my token selected and CTRL + left clicked on an enemy token. The CTRL + Left click worked because I saw the range arrow pointing to the enemy but in the combat tracker it did not say Target: Enemy. I had to CTRL + Left click on the combat tracker in order to properly target the enemy.

Trenloe
September 18th, 2023, 07:25
Hi. I'm one of Farnaby's players. To clarify what happened: We were in combat and I had my token selected and CTRL + left clicked on an enemy token. The CTRL + Left click worked because I saw the range arrow pointing to the enemy but in the combat tracker it did not say Target: Enemy. I had to CTRL + Left click on the combat tracker in order to properly target the enemy.
This is working fine for me when I test both as a GM and a plyer. The GM will need to do testing without any extensions to see if the issue is being caused by extensions they've loaded.