PDA

View Full Version : Warlock casting invisibility

TheShadow
September 14th, 2023, 22:36
When trying to cast invisibility (in this cast the spell is upcast) FG won't allow for multiple targets to have invisibility cast on them. It automatically cancels the invisibility cast on the previous target in the combat tracker.

Is there are way to have invisibility recognized as an upcast spell so this doesn't happen?

Zacchaeus
September 14th, 2023, 22:46
I’m not seeing this. I CTRL click on multiple targets and then apply the invisible effect from the actions tab and the invisible effect is applied to all the targets. Can you maybe show us a screenshot or two and give us the steps to reproduce.

LordEntrails
September 14th, 2023, 23:07
Select multiple targets for a single cast (As Mr. Z says). If you try to cast it multiple times it will remove the previous effects/casts since you can only have 1 concentration spell active.

TheShadow
September 15th, 2023, 17:10
So I made sure to CTL click the characters who were having invisibility cast on them yet you can see it expire on one character before it moved to another.

While just playing around with it now, I removed the (C) from the effect of the spell and it did not expire the effects. I am guessing right in that the (C) for concentration was the problem here since you cannot have multiple instances of concentration.

Zacchaeus
September 15th, 2023, 17:41
I don't have an answer for you since as you can see from my screenshot below I can't reproduce this. If you are using extensions then one of those could be the problem. The character sheet has different (non standard) power groups than mine; but I don't think that is an issue. I'd try testing in a new campaign without extensions to see if you get a different result.

TheShadow
September 15th, 2023, 19:11
Zacchaeus, thanks for the help. It was the Better Combat Effects extension that had the variable "Restrict Concentration". Once I turned that off in the options it allowed me to place invisibility on all of the targets without error.

Zacchaeus
September 15th, 2023, 20:27
Zacchaeus, thanks for the help. It was the Better Combat Effects extension that had the variable "Restrict Concentration". Once I turned that off in the options it allowed me to place invisibility on all of the targets without error.

Jolly Good