PDA

View Full Version : gunslinging and quick hands perk stack?

Immelmann
September 12th, 2023, 20:27
do they stack together

an extra combat die and the extra fire rate of 2?

Ryuson
September 13th, 2023, 16:34
By RAW, I would say yes. But the condition of Gunslinger has to be met AFTER the ROF increase from Quick Hands.

This means the optimal use is for ROF 0 weapons like a hunting rifle.

Thinking about the “cost” of this maneuver: 2 Perks + 3-4 AP each time. I can kind of live with that.

However, optimizers may all start doing this - and I prefer a diversity of builds - I would consider a house rule that it does not stack. But it’s definitely a House Rule imho.

EDIT: Urqy has the correct answer. Didn't recall the requirement of one-handed ranged weapon.

Urqy
September 14th, 2023, 15:38
In theory, I think they could stack, but in practice I don't see alot of weapons that would allow it. The Pipe Bolt-Action (without a mod that makes it two-handed) seems to fit the bill, but I don't see any others. I guess there could be a few more if you allowed thrown weapons (throwing knives for instance) but the title is "Gunslinger." *Edit: Throwing Knives are a Thrown Weapon, not a Ranged weapon, so that would have to be a house rule.*

Quick hands adds +2 to the fire rate of a ranged weapon for the cost of 2AP. Gunslinger allows you to add 1dC6 of damage to a one-handed ranged weapon that has a ROF of 2 or less. Are there any other one-handed ranged weapons that start with a ROF of 0?

As a side note, the errata changed the description of Quick Hands from doubling the Fire Rate to adding +2. If you are using a hardcover book alongside FGU, the book probably has the old description (like mine) so double check your book with what is in FGU. FGU is updated.

Immelmann
September 30th, 2023, 12:24
rgr