PDA

View Full Version : Powers missing modifiers

Carog the Fat
September 10th, 2023, 14:45
So my powers are missing modifier that other players have for example protection in swade can be set to give extra points and/ot toughness. These modifiers aren't in the spell neither the cost aren't shown. I know they used to be there I am at a loss what to do. There are other powers with similiar problems and lots of missing effects.

Does anyone know a way to fix this?

Jiminimonka
September 10th, 2023, 16:19
So my powers are missing modifier that other players have for example protection in swade can be set to give extra points and/ot toughness. These modifiers aren't in the spell neither the cost aren't shown. I know they used to be there I am at a loss what to do. There are other powers with similiar problems and lots of missing effects.

Does anyone know a way to fix this?

Are you saying the Effects are missing from the powers? Which ones?

Doswelk
September 10th, 2023, 16:58
Are you saying the Effects are missing from the powers? Which ones?

They are missing (based on your screenshot) :(

I've not used SWADE in a while (SWPF takes up most of my time these days), so do not know what's happened?!

Jiminimonka
September 10th, 2023, 17:31
What is missing? I can see 6 effects in that screenshot. There are meant to be more?

Carog the Fat
September 10th, 2023, 21:59
One thing that is missing from protection is the cost for extra armour and changing to toughness, other powers are missing the strong effect for debuffing, I cannot find the shroud effect anymore. Something odd has happened to the powers and modifier as various costs and modifiers have vanished.

Shoudl go through and make a list?

Mike Serfass
September 12th, 2023, 18:30
Protection was changed. That change is in the newest printing of the core rules, and Ikeal updated the FGU SWADE rules to match changes to Protection, Entangle, and a few other things.
Could this be what you're seeing?

Jiminimonka
September 12th, 2023, 20:33
Yeah I think it is that Mike. Rifts Mega Powers are not updated like the SWADE and Fantasy Companion verisons.

kronovan
September 12th, 2023, 22:20
Protection was changed. That change is in the newest printing of the core rules, and Ikeal updated the FGU SWADE rules to match changes to Protection, Entangle, and a few other things.
Could this be what you're seeing?

I believe that's what I'm seeing. I downloaded the most recent update of SWADE from the Pinnacle website yesterday and as an example, the only modifier listed under the Protection power in that PDF is Extra Recipients [+1]. So after factoring in the 3 global modifications that suit the power (Glow/Shroud, Hinder/Hurry and Range), thoser are the 4 modifiers I have for Protection in FGU. Gone are the More Armor and Toughness modifiers that were in my older 5.7 SWADE PDF.

Lonewolf
September 14th, 2023, 12:06
Latest correct PDF is version 5 (From now on all version numbers are simply based off print run number)
Here is change notes if you need them https://peginc.com/product/savage-worlds-adventure-edition-updates/

Anything marked [5.0] has been done or will be done very soon.