PDA

View Full Version : Syrinscape and private Soundsets

Vegard
September 6th, 2023, 21:08
Hi, I have some private soundsets in Syrinscape I would like to use in FGU, but they don't show up. Does FGU only read the official soundsets, so I have to publish my soundsets for them to show up in FGU?

Moon Wizard
September 6th, 2023, 22:03
That information is not made available in the Syrinscape export they provide currently; so it’s not something we can provide until they do.

Regards,
JPG

Trenloe
September 6th, 2023, 22:12
I have private soundsets I set up and then re-ran the "Web Import" from the Data Management section of the Sound:Settings window - you'll need to do this whenever you make a change to your private soundsets to load in the new data - I believe you also need to do this when there are new soundsets available, but I haven't tested that. Your custom soundsets won't have a sound pack name, but the files will be there.

For example:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=58794

Lo Zeno
September 7th, 2023, 13:40
Your custom soundsets won't have a sound pack name, but the files will be there.[/IMG]

One of the many reasons why it would be easier if the Sound:Setting window would expose the Soundset names instead of/together with the Soundpack names: if you look at the web response from Syrinscape when you run the Web Import, the custom soundset don't have a sound pack name as you said but do have the soundset name that you assign to it from the Syrinscape interface.

Vegard
September 7th, 2023, 16:15
Thanks guys, and especially thanks to Trenloe. Now it works just as I imagined it should: I create moods in Syrinscape interface as prep, and I link directly to that mood in my story. Now I just press one single button and I got the correct music, all premixed and perfect with the sounds adjusted in relation to eachother while running the session. Perfect!

Trenloe
September 7th, 2023, 16:17
Now I just press one single button and I got the correct music, all premixed and perfect with the sounds adjusted in relation to eachother while running the session. Perfect!
Perfect indeed! :)