PDA

View Full Version : Bought the upgrade on Steam, but it doesn't show up on FGU

FredrikVladimir
September 6th, 2023, 02:38
It may be purely a lack of patience on my part.

However, after I connected my FGC account to Steam so I could buy the upgrade, I upgraded my account to the Ultimate license on Steam. I think clicked on the link that moves all of my licenses over. However, when I restart FGC and then click on Check for Updates, nothing happens. My installation still says I've got the Standard installation.

Also, while I was able to buy the Upgrade on Steam, Steam seems to think I need the Mongoose Traveller 2 edition rule set even though I already bought it on FC. This means (I think) that I cannot buy anything on Steam that requires this ruleset.

Am I just not being patient? Or did I miss a step?

Sulimo
September 6th, 2023, 03:02
It may be purely a lack of patience on my part.

However, after I connected my FGC account to Steam so I could buy the upgrade, I upgraded my account to the Ultimate license on Steam. I think clicked on the link that moves all of my licenses over. However, when I restart FGC and then click on Check for Updates, nothing happens. My installation still says I've got the Standard installation.

Also, while I was able to buy the Upgrade on Steam, Steam seems to think I need the Mongoose Traveller 2 edition rule set even though I already bought it on FC. This means (I think) that I cannot buy anything on Steam that requires this ruleset.

Am I just not being patient? Or did I miss a step?

Typically, when changing from Standard to Ultimate, you need to put a different license key into the Settings of the app, have you done that? Then update after that.

You should be able to find your key by doing manage keys for the app itself (I think, I did not purchase from Steam).

Are you sure you meant FGC, as in Fantasy Grounds Classic?

When you launch the app, what version does it show?

LordEntrails
September 6th, 2023, 03:31
If you bought the upgrade from FGC (Classic) to FGU (Unity) then you need to install FGU. Updating FGC will NOT upgrade you to FGU.

MOD: also moving this out of the Forge HoH to the regular one.

FredrikVladimir
September 8th, 2023, 20:02
If you bought the upgrade from FGC (Classic) to FGU (Unity) then you need to install FGU. Updating FGC will NOT upgrade you to FGU.

MOD: also moving this out of the Forge HoH to the regular one.

Mistype on my part. I had the standard license for FGU. I bought the upgrade on Steam for FGU to Ultimate. According to FGU, I still have a license for v4.4.3 STANDARD (2023-07-04). I'm trying to figure out how to get it to Ultimate.

I got a hint from the prior poster, who said something about getting the key from Steam. That (alone) wasn't enough, but it did get me to https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/996639129/How+to+Find+Your+License+Key+or+Subscription#Steam-Customers which did make the final connection. I'm now running Ultimate.

And the world is a better place.

LordEntrails
September 8th, 2023, 20:37
Glad to hear you have it sorted. Thanks for letting us know and what the solution was. Might help the next person who has the issue.