PDA

View Full Version : Sound for images and NPCs?

Iceman
September 3rd, 2023, 14:01
I have sound/sound triggers working perfectly for chat enabled triggers using VLC (not Syringscape) so I cant believe I am having this difficulty with either Images or NPCs.
As the attached image shows I am attempting to make a CONTENT based sound using an Image record I open or an NPC record I open.
Admittedly I dont know what the SOUNDSET LINK section is for nor does anything "stay" there if I drag and drop it.
But in this instance the idea is for me as GM to open the campsitemain IMAGE and have it automatically play the travelgoagain sound when I open that record.

Its basically the same setup for an NPC - I want a sound to play when a specific NPC record is opened by me.

But as I said all other chat based sounds trigger, these do not. What am I missing?
Thanks for any help!
see attached

Iceman
September 3rd, 2023, 14:06
trying again for attachment but I got an error message? maybe attached? nope...wont let me upload

Trenloe
September 3rd, 2023, 14:33
There's a forums issue with inserting images. You should be able to click the "Go Advanced" button and then upload the image as an attachment.

Regarding sounds linked to content - they don't automatically play when you open the linked record, the sounds within the content record will appear in the "Sound: Context" window, allowing you to play them by clicking on the play button.

See "Using Soundsets" in the Wiki Syrinscape article here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/2078932993/Using+Sound+Links#Using-Sound-Sets