PDA

View Full Version : Local character with different ruleset

greowhiste
February 7th, 2008, 06:07
I like this ruleset I found here on the FG site and have implemented it into my campaign. All of my players are using server characters, so they translated right into the new ruleset (with minor errors, but all is okay).

One of my players would like to use a local character so he can do lots of administrative stuff at home, on his time. I want him to be able to do this. When he loaded up FG with his local character, there wasn't a translation into the new ruleset.

I suppose this is because originally upon creating the character, he used the default d20 rules to do it in the "Create and View Local Character" option. But when you start that option it asks you which ruleset you'd like to use. Now, we just went through the session where he downloaded the new ruleset from me.

1. is there a way to have his character translated into the new ruleset?
2. where are the rulesets "stored" when you log on to a host using a different ruleset than d20?
3. is there any way for him to do this without remaking a whole new character in a different ruleset?

thanks for any help!

Griogre
February 7th, 2008, 18:29
First there is a bug in FG2 right now which makes making non default d20 ruleset characters locally not really possible.

Should they fix the bug you would need to make a client ruleset module so a local character could be build by accessing the module in place of accesing the ruleset's data base on the server.

Oberoten
February 7th, 2008, 19:33
Eh... ActuallY?

In my Arm-Set it works just as intended.

Master
February 7th, 2008, 21:19
Have you tested it on a different computer than the computer that holds the ruleset?

Oberoten
February 8th, 2008, 01:46
Hmmmm... I believe that it has been done. ... but it is possible that the girlfriend has a copy of the full ruleset as well as the cache. I will have to come back on this one. But I do know that she has created characters offline.

Griogre
February 8th, 2008, 02:16
The problem is with the lite version, sorry I didn't mention that above. If she has the full version and the ruleset she might be able to make a local character. It's been so long, I've forgotten the details of the bug other than the lite version needs to get to the database and can't.

Oberoten
February 8th, 2008, 04:01
Yeah, I know she has the full version and maybe a copy of my WIP ruleset. I will have to ask her tomorrow. (It is 05:am here and I am an insomniac. )

*Edit for incomplete thought*