PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Assets after added to Images

Naron5
August 17th, 2023, 06:08
The past week I have been adding new maps to my campaign for Dungeon Crawl Classics. I add the maps to the campaign folder and then import them from Campaign Assets by dragging them into my Maps folder inside images. The problem is that when I open my Campaign Assets folder, the program becomes super nonresponsive. Last map I imported I had to try 4 times and kill Fantasy Grounds 3 to get it into Images. Once the Campaign Assets folder is closed, the program runs fine. I have never cleared anything out of the Campaign Assets folder. Can I clean the folder out and the images/maps that were imported from it still appear in images? I do not want to lose what I have and I am not sure if the Images are still referencing the files in the Campaign Assets.

pindercarl
August 17th, 2023, 07:06
Images contain references to assets, but do not include a duplicate of the image data. If you delete an asset, it will be missing from an image that references it. Are you using very large assets?

Naron5
August 17th, 2023, 08:05
The largest are my maps. I have around 9 of them at around 20 MB each. I did not think it that large but it seems to drag everything to a standstill for over a minute when I open it and then everything runs like treacle while it is open.

Moon Wizard
August 18th, 2023, 16:07
20 MB greatly exceeds our recommended file sizes; and I'm going to guess that the resolution on those maps also exceeds our recommended file resolutions. (i.e. 4Kx4K at 2MB)

While maps can occasionally go over 4Kx4K and still be fine as an exception; anything over 8Kx8K will most likely cause issues on some machines (due to graphics card power/resource differences).

For file size, converting files to WEBP at 75% quality results in "significant" file size savings in all of our testing. Plus, this allows the files to load and be sent over the network faster.

More details here:
https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/2037547009/Developer+Guide+-+Product+Guidelines

Regards,
JPG

Naron5
August 19th, 2023, 15:12
Thanks. Good to hear and is something I can work with.