PDA

View Full Version : How To Control Allies?

pjrake
February 6th, 2008, 04:26
how can my players control their own ally tokens during combat? i set it up but only i was able to move them. is there any way of giving them control of the tokens?

-PJ

Griogre
February 6th, 2008, 07:39
If the token is dragged off the combat tracker only the PC player or DM can move them. If the token is dragged onto the map from the shared token folder then players can move them.

If you want to have the ally moveable and on the combat tracker just drag the ally onto the tracker but don't link the token to the map by dragging the token from the tracker to the map. You will lose the little highlight when on the map token when it is the allies turn but this is usually not a problem.

pjrake
February 6th, 2008, 10:47
if i don't drag the token from the tracker onto the map, how can i adjust the size of the token to match the grid?

right now i would use the mouse scroll wheel to adjust the size while hovering over the icon on the combat tracker, but that would mean it's linked to the tracker.

Griogre
February 6th, 2008, 21:27
Good question. You are right, you can't adjust the size. I was assuming the ally was medium size and your tokens were medium sized. In my game in shared I keep a few tokens of PC allied creatues I am not likely to bother putting on the combat tracker like horses, mules, riding dogs (the characters are high enough level these things will not usually survive sustained combat). The horse and mule tokens are scaled to be large compared to unscaled medium characters. Doing it this way means that even if I have zoomed the map and locked token scale the shared tokens remain the same size relative to the character tokens.

For something like a druid's animal companion I have the player make another character sheet for it because then the druid character can move it and I want the companion on the combat tracker.

pjrake
February 6th, 2008, 21:29
i will probably do that then, just make PC allied tokens based on the size of my grids (usually 50p).

thanks for the input!