PDA

View Full Version : Tomb of Annihilation (w/homebrew) Fridays 7:30 PM , LFP

Mytherus
August 16th, 2023, 01:56
**This game is new player friendly, as long as you want to learn. All are welcome**

Edit: This game is full. Thank you to those that expressed interest.

FG License: Ultimate (players can have any, even free)

Game System: D&D 5th Edition

Time Zone: Eastern Time Zone

Day of Week and Time: Friday nights, 7:30 pm - 10:30 pm

Is This New Game: Yes

Planned Dates: Session 0 - 9/1/23 7:30 pm; Session 1 - 9/15/23 7:30 pm

Term: Long term, hoping to play through campaigns conclusion. With good attendance - figure 6-8 months

Text or Voice: Voice

Voice Software Used: Discord (and its mandatory)

Will this be Recorded/Streamed: No plans to do either.

Character Starting level: 1st

Character Restrictions: There's a character creation guide, my intention will be only to give to those invited to the game.

However you can create a character (and use class/background options as applicable) from any of these sources...

• Xanathar’s Guide to Everything (Xan’s)
• Volo’s Guide to Monsters (Volo’s)
• Sword Coast Adventurer’s Guide (SCAG)
• Mordenkainen’s Tome of Foes (Mordenkainen’s)
• Player’s Handbook (PHB)
• Tasha’s Cauldron of Everything (Tasha’s)

Details of Summary: Very brief because this will be covered in detail at session 0; Deadly adventure of exploration through environs of jungle, mountains and thick forests. As 5e goes this will be a deadlier campaign than you are probably used to seeing in 5e games. I added homebrew rules to make sure the tension and danger of the environment is "felt" by your characters. There's a death curse, the main story is finding the source of this death curse and destroying it.

That said there is so much more to this game, everything I told you here barely scratches the surface. I prefer players that never played Tome of Annihilation, but if you did and you played it by the book -- this will not be exactly as what you remember (the main story yes, the jungle environment yes - but there is homebrew changing some things around from how WotC had it). Obviously, if you did play Tomb before and didn't like it you probably shouldn't cast your interest here, but if you thought it was a fun adventure - I think you'll like this version too.

My Expectations in prospective players: I care more about the QUALITY of person than your experience at D&D. D&D can be taught (especially 5th edition) you can't teach someone having a sense of humor, common courtesy to let other players talk and not hog the mic, you can't teach someone NOT to be a jerk, etc.

The only other thing I wish for in a player -- please really want to be part of a LONG TERM campaign, understand its a weekly time commitment for 6-8 months. Not expecting 100% attendance but playing 3 out of every 4 sessions played would be great. *Side note: every 5 or 6 weeks we'll have no game anyway, because of the DM's on-call work schedule .. .so there are built in "breaks" so to speak.

If you read this far. Thank you.

Please reply via DM to my Fantasy Grounds Mailbox *preferred*, reply to this thread or send me a DM in Discord (Discord user: Mytherus).

Good Night.