PDA

View Full Version : trying to find an extension

Marquis_de_Taigeis
August 15th, 2023, 11:16
hi

Ive recently joined a pathfinder 2e campaign and as part of its basic ruleset there is a button for lookup data, where as a player there is entries for deities, conditions, rule definitions.

im wondering if anyone has seen an extension for the DnD 5E ruleset that will replicate this function.

im thinking it will be useful when worldbuilding to allow my players to have easy access to some details / common knowledge / homebrew rules that are standard access where having to share story entries might become bogged down.

Trenloe
August 15th, 2023, 11:22
It's not just an extension that would be needed, but the base data would also need to be in a specific format.

You can do something similar with the normal sharing functionality. If there's a bunch of story/reference manual pages that you'd like the players to access - put links to them all in a single master refman page or story entry, and then right-click on one of the links and select Link Commands -> Make all links shareable, then share that master record as normal.

Marquis_de_Taigeis
August 15th, 2023, 11:24
now i know i could use the story entries and create my own player facing module for this purpose, but its more the layout and formatting of the PF2E layout i like

Trenloe
August 15th, 2023, 11:38
but its more the layout and formatting of the PF2E layout i like
You should be able to create a similar format in story/refman entries. The PF2 Lookup Data buttons that display data in a list would have to be done with an extension though.